Finally Got To Till

Sawdust

Jim from Kentucky
Staff member
It has been one of the wettest years. All I usually do is just scratch the top few 6" or so then disc. We're getting off & on rain for another week so the discing will have to wait. I recently got a Simplicity 7117 with deck & tiller. I really don't think I'll need to use it in the garden. I'm hoping to plow up a separate area for some potatoes this year. I think it would be useful there a lot.
20190404_140540.jpg20190404_140628.jpg
This is the beast. It will till through anything with you or without you. It was a CL find for $80. I've had it about four years & have used it a lot.
20190404_140758.jpg

I run the disc over all of mine a week ago and it really helped to dry it out. Tilled on strip for 2 rows of Onions a couple days ago. This morning till up some more and put it 1 row of 1/2 Row of radish and 1/2 of Lettuce. Then a half row of Spinich and 1-1/2 row of beets. That will do it for now. May pick up some potato seed this afternoon. Will make a run to the Amish Greenhouse to get the cabbage plants, etc. etc.

I have plenty of room so leave about 5' of grass around the outside of the garden for turn around with the tractor and mow it along with the yard. Gives us access to crops when it is to wet to walk on the dirt.

Back