Fired up the Sears today...

Well this Sears sold today... I had what I thought was a pretty high asking price of $1800 but I gave the guy $300 trade in value on two tractors that he brought with him.... one is a JD130 that I had sold once already to another guy several years ago and now its back here.Lol... altho in pretty rough condition so I think it might just get parted out, the other is an '07 Craftsman YS 4500 that needs a bit of work but I should be able to get well more than $300 for it.

227 L/G tractors now sold to date ;)
View attachment 56368View attachment 56369
Hey Lance you did good on the Sears if I could that much for mine I'd sell all of them in a minute

I dont think it would have went that high just 2 or 3 years ago but prices in the used market are crazy high around here lately, folks are asking $500 for tractors that dont even run... the Sears runs and cuts like a new tractor... one of the best Ive had.

I dont think it would have went that high just 2 or 3 years ago but prices in the used market are crazy high around here lately, folks are asking $500 for tractors that dont even run... the Sears runs and cuts like a new tractor... one of the best Ive had.
I have found those Sears Suburban decks to be excellent, very good machines all around

I still think Simplicity made the best mower decks back in that era and up to the mid 90s or so.... but I was impressed with the Sears tractor overall... when the guy was test driving it he went along side the neighbors field where the weeds are about 3' tall and the Onan didnt seem to bog at all so that probably sealed the deal right there... plus the steering was very light so he figured his wife would like driving it.

Now if I could figure out what to do with a Case 446 without attachments??? folks around here want more for a mower deck than I paid for the tractor.Lol

What did your front mounted decks come off of Lance. That would be a good project. That Case would be a good grunt worker. I have a few with no implements I use for grunt work only.

It’s funny Lance you mentioned having to pay more for a deck than the tractor. I had to retire my deck on my Simplicity 7117H because it looked like Swiss cheese beyond repair. I searched off and on for another one for a long time. I finally found one 2 hours away for $250. in very good shape. He came down to $200. I had planned on getting it that weekend. I had been watching this Simplicity with the pod lights partially peeping from behind the edge of a barn for almost a year not needing another tractor. I finally stopped by and the first thing I seen was the deck. It was a 3415H and the deck was really nice once I pulled all the weeds out. Trying to contain myself the owner kept telling me about the tractor which I liked too. After he told me it hadn’t started in a year but spun freely. It needs a battery. It needed a mower drive belt. The points cover box was missing. I finally told him I was more interested in the deck which I was. I started to offer him a $100. when he told me it wasn’t worth much I offered him $50. and this guy was so happy he thru his hand out and said you got a deal ! This was the day I brought it home.
128950E8-799D-43C9-ADB4-6CA0E65200D2.jpeg

these decks are all from the Simplicity Sunrunner models but labelled Deutz Allis, I still have enough parts to build one more machine but I have 4 decks, 2@42" and 2@48", they roll on 2 casters at the front and rollers full width at the back so there is just 2 arms that would need to attach to the tractor and of course the belt... Ive actually never been impressed with the big wheel Case models, and this is now the 5th one Ive had.... even this Sears I just sold would easily outpull a 448... they ride very nice and they are capable enough for any basic yard chores but they dont pull worth crap IMO. Every GT I bring home gets tested by pulling harrows, the same ones Ive pulled with the Columbia for about 10 yrs.... Case 4xx, JD3xx, Allis Chalmers 9xx... MTD990/995 all top out with 3 sets at full throttle... an mtd960 does that at 1/3 throttle and 4 sets at full throttle.... a 960 is not a nice tractor to ride/operate... but when it comes to grunt work... well lets just say Ive got that covered.... now a Case with a Simplicity mower deck... that might make for a pretty sweet machine.

Back