Fixin' to make another set of Suitcase weights, my way!

I didn't mean that concrete was heavier, obviously it's not. Jim mentioned concrete and I thought these would at least add considerable weight. I still need to find my scale to satisfy my curiosity though! Finding lead cheap or free can be pretty tough.

DAC
My thoughts Dac was a 60lb. bag of concrete would yield two weights using Kenny's design at 30 plus pounds once you add the metal. Using concrete would be a good substitute if you don't have any lead.

My thoughts Dac was a 60lb. bag of concrete would yield two weights using Kenny's design at 30 plus pounds once you add the metal. Using concrete would be a good substitute if you don't have any lead.
If all you can find for casting weights is cement then it would be beneficial to use scrap steel as the aggregate in place of rock. That could increese the weight considerable. I have seen this done in ballasting ships. Don

Yeah great idea Jim, I know around here lead has gotten awful expensive. Could probably buy iron weights cheaper. Kenny's idea is the perfect deal if lead can be found and a person has the skills to build the form. More weight in the same size area. Can't beat that!

DAC

Back