Flame King Weed Torch

Sawdust

Jim from Kentucky
Staff member
I seen this on Facebook Market Place this morning brand new for $20. I researched it real quick it had good reviews one non bias article had it listed #2 in the top 5 best. Amazon has it for $45.29 I started to buy the HF model last year but didn’t. I thought it would be good for burning fence lines which I have a lot of, weeds that pop up in the gravel driveway etc. Anyway a good deal.220D0599-C1AA-4048-80B0-2F3BA16611B8.jpeg

I assume you use these when the fence rows are pretty wet...?
I'd be a little concerned about setting a field on fire..

That’s true Bill. But you don’t burn the weeds, you only heat them. That’s enough to kill them. So that lessens the risk of starting a fire. But still a concern.
Hehe. Same with the potatoe bugs I kill. Just have to heat them and that does them in.

Noel

That’s true Bill. But you don’t burn the weeds, you only heat them. That’s enough to kill them. So that lessens the risk of starting a fire. But still a concern.
Hehe. Same with the potatoe bugs I kill. Just have to heat them and that does them in.

Noel
I didn't know that. Was thinking you burned them down to black ashes..

Noel when I first seen this I thought about you. Yeah Bill the big misconception with weed burning folks think you have to burn to a crisp. The science to it is the quick extreme heat not a burn causes the cells of the plant to clot then die over about 2-3 days. Roger using the 4 wheeler would be a good choice also. I think the dolly will be my choice for now to see how it goes.

I like to keep the 1" chicken netting sprayed to keep the fence clean. As usual I didn't get it done in time this year again. Don't like to bur it out of the fence as it takes the galvanization off the wire, then rust, then real weak places.

Noel when I first seen this I thought about you. Yeah Bill the big misconception with weed burning folks think you have to burn to a crisp. The science to it is the quick extreme heat not a burn causes the cells of the plant to clot then die over about 2-3 days. Roger using the 4 wheeler would be a good choice also. I think the dolly will be my choice for now to see how it goes.

Your right on Jim.

Bill, look up on you tube how farmers kill weeds with flame. It’s scary looking the amount of flame they use.

Noel

I seen this on Facebook Market Place this morning brand new for $20. I researched it real quick it had good reviews one non bias article had it listed #2 in the top 5 best. Amazon has it for $45.29 I started to buy the HF model last year but didn’t. I thought it would be good for burning fence lines which I have a lot of, weeds that pop up in the gravel driveway etc. Anyway a good deal.View attachment 55369
Called a Tiger Torch in my area for warming up engine in extreme cold. Ya set the flame end in length of stove pipe with a elbow to keep flame off engine. More critical now with composite oil pans

I used the torch on some pesky little weeds along Carol’s flower beds today. It worked great I really like it. Bill I only had one small flame to deal with and another spot that was smoldering a little.
D9AC6590-54E6-423D-8672-2217FDCD0F54.jpegEF0D3446-558D-4DEF-B821-D83F46A1C689.jpegFB391821-146C-4134-8FA0-37D986D2ADF6.jpegB4B4902F-1F50-4050-B382-0862C094FC58.jpeg
If you ever do this don’t just torch and walk away keep backtracking a couple of times to keep from having to call the fire department :eek:
F41B1835-0E20-4095-AA65-A6337754E6B7.jpeg

Back