forage harvester

holdenboy1960 (Shane )

Tractorologist
hello all,
has anyone got a couple pix of forage harvesters , smaller type ones as i'm interested in or something similar , even photos of home made types , as i got heaps of dead long grass and want to collect and mulch it for gardening compost , i will make mine if i can or modify something for the job

Shane,

i had similar ideas to what you’re thinking

It’s my opinion that, it’d be the easiest to go with a riding mower and bagger. Cuts everything fine and hauls it to where you need to go.

Only issue I see is limited capacity in the “baskets” for the bagger. Easily solved by a second machine and wagon to dump into and carry on with the mower.

Just my opinion, either way I’m hoping for pictures!

i had similar ideas to what you’re thinking

It’s my opinion that, it’d be the easiest to go with a riding mower and bagger. Cuts everything fine and hauls it to where you need to go.

Only issue I see is limited capacity in the “baskets” for the bagger. Easily solved by a second machine and wagon to dump into and carry on with the mower.

Just my opinion, either way I’m hoping for pictures!

;my problem is the grass is 3 to 4 ft high with 3 yrs dead lay on the ground with it

so i guess ill just mow and push it into heaps and feed it through the 5 HP petrol mulcher which i use for mulching ,hey ,short grass and branches leaves and anything else that gets into it lol
IMG_20190406_155234.jpg unless i have a go at making a small flail mower ?? but not sure about that yet

Shane

Sounds like you need a bar mower or disc mower to get it down. disc mower would grind it up a lot while cutting. The have to rake it, load and haul it. Lot of that depends on how large an area your talking about.

Back