Freebies

Traill95

Rossville, Illinois
Friend of Rick and I has a mower shop in Bismarck, IL. We do lathe and mill for him occasionally. He dropped these freebies off the other day.

The wingo generator has an eight horse Wisconsin. The gear reduction engine on the right is a K1 Kohler.
Also, what category are the two washing machine engines
20240321_091349.jpg
This is supposedly a John Deere Sprayer. It has a Briggs Engine.
20240321_091401.jpg
20240321_091416.jpg

Nice haul, Tracy! When you guys get stuff with value, it even gets delivered! The junk I haul home, our kids will have to pay someone to haul off after I croak---LOL!

I would put the washing machine engines in the "cool" catagory. Maytags? The sprayer does look like it may have been a JD piece of equipment. Maybe JDJake will know.

DAC

The K91 made home to my shop. It is seized up. I have it soaking with marvel mystery oil.
Hopefully it will break loose.

Attachments

• IMG_1005.jpeg
    IMG_1005.jpeg
    331.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1004.jpeg
    IMG_1004.jpeg
    352.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1003.jpeg
    IMG_1003.jpeg
    317.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1002.jpeg
    IMG_1002.jpeg
    339.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1001.jpeg
    IMG_1001.jpeg
    327.4 KB · Views: 8
Nice haul, Tracy! When you guys get stuff with value, it even gets delivered! The junk I haul home, our kids will have to pay someone to haul off after I croak---LOL!

I would put the washing machine engines in the "cool" catagory. Maytags? The sprayer does look like it may have been a JD piece of equipment. Maybe JDJake will know.

DAC
I don't think it is a actual Deere sprayer, they mainly had the model 5, 5A and 5B. Two had round tanks and the last was a plastic tank. Also, the wheels are larger on the JD sprayers. I'll double check at work, but I think it's homemade with a Deere sticker slapped on.

The K91 made home to my shop. It is seized up. I have it soaking with marvel mystery oil.
Hopefully it will break loose.
I got it freed up this morning. Removing the flywheel revealed a clump of corroded aluminum that had the flywheel jambedup.
Amazing what mouse piss can do. The aluminum cover behind the flywheel is eaten away at the bottom. The flywheel had stopped with the magnets at the top and they looked to be in good shape.
Put it back together but not getting any spark.
Have to walk away from it and take Edy to lunch. I,ll try again later.

Attachments

• IMG_1025.jpeg
    IMG_1025.jpeg
    383.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1026.jpeg
    IMG_1026.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 8
Came back after lunch, sprayed some carb cleaner in it and it fired off after a couple pulls.:thumbs:
Need to bolt it to something before I hurt myself yanking the recoil and holding the engine.
here's the OPS manual for the K91.
https://resources.kohler.com/power/kohler/enginesUS/pdf/ens_593_f_all.pdf

here's the service manual,
https://resources.kohler.com/power/kohler/enginesUS/pdf/tp_2379.pdf

Quick torque data sheet,

These K series were used on portable sewage pumps, tow behind rotary tillers, and other uses.
Howard Rotavator 350 uses it.
https://standen.co.uk/documents/uploads/HOWARD-300-350-PARTS-BOOK(22-07-10).pdf

Did the engine come off of a Wheelhorse Suburban 400/401 ? It does have that look to it.

Back