Front scoop Attachment

poncho62

Hangin' with the cool kids
A few years ago, I built a scoop to go on the front of my LGT Ford. It works OK, but I wanted something that worked a bit better and that I could take off easier and use on my other Fords. Also, a little larger bucket that would lift higher if I wanted to load a cart or something.

Started on this a few weeks ago, using what I have about. I did buy 10 ft of 1 1/2 x 3 inch rectangular tubing. Showing what I have done so far.

Mocking up the arms with wood.

I was given some electrical panel material, about .120 thou, so am building the bucket from that. I will reinforce the front edge with some flat bar. It will be 36" wide.

I think I am going to cut down the height a bit from that.

Arms are built from the rectangular tubing.

The bucket is going to pivot from the sides rather than the back. This will allow it to be higher when tipped. It's going to be a trip bucket, so I have to figure that out once I get the bucket built.

This morning, I installed the winch that is going to lift this thing. It lifted my 230 lbs with ease.

IMG_1096.jpg

Tomorrow, I will straighten out the wiring....more to come.

That will be pretty nice. I too made my bucket as high of lift as I could with the mount still under tractor, my next one will be like that hopefully with a hydro cylinder instead of the winch.

Mine is auto dump, PO put a gate latch on it with a pull rope, I adapted it to dump when it hits my winch mount. Maybe you could build something similar off your upper bar on the top. It latches once bucket is lowered and I back up.

photobucket-10281-1358177293587.JPG

I kind of like that gate latch idea.

My wallet says I can't afford hydraulics right now. Besides, 2 of my Fords are hydro lift, 2 are not. This way the bucket will fit them all.

Cleaned up the wiring today, has to shorten some wires, extend some others. Also, the upright that has the pulley on top flexes quite a bit, so I put a brace back into the engine compartment. It bolts to a stud on top of engine. The engines in these are mounted solid to the frame, so it won't be flexing.

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

Back