Garlic Harvest 2018

Shotgun Wedding

Garlic Jedi
Posted Today, 03:17 PM
Been away working at a pulp mill in Northern Ontario all week, was getting antsy to get the garlic in as I am past the due-date. Got home after midnight last night, slept in a bit and got to it.

I was looking at the radar, rain is a coming and it is always a bad idea to harvest garlic just after a rain as they swell up, then shrink as the cure in the air leaving the skins to crack. So, before the rain this afternoon, they are in!!

And whats a post without a garden tractor!!!

Oh, variety..... Hardneck for sure, but I got them from a Croatian guy over 25 years ago and have been perfecting the genetics since them with selection. In my garden book, I put the variety as "Krupic", which was his last name. He passed away many years ago.

Any lover of garlic will admit that this garlic is a top-notch product, but we don't sell it. It's for us and friends/family only, not sure what will happen to it when we pass from this earth. We have a select few that we've given some to for growing, but they are older than we are!!! I should look into handing them off to someone who would keep it going, because they really are that good!

The Vesey's catalogue just came on Friday with garlic on the back page, got me to thinking I should talk with you about the varieties you grow.... then I found this post. Haven't really figured out everything on this site yet, but could you P.M. me about your "Krupic"? I'd love to try some.

The Vesey's catalogue just came on Friday with garlic on the back page, got me to thinking I should talk with you about the varieties you grow.... then I found this post. Haven't really figured out everything on this site yet, but could you P.M. me about your "Krupic"? I'd love to try some.

Hey Lorna, I will PM you about the garlic!!!!

Back