good source for pulleys?

dodge trucker

Tractorologist
maybe Surplus Center? somewhere else? I need a 3" (could be slightly bigger, won't hurt anything/ 3-1/4 would work, 3-1/2" might) by 1" ID by 1/2" belt, for an engine transplant. old engine was 3/4" shaft replacement is 1", has cheap stamped pulley that dont have enough meat to bore out and rekey.
(that is if it comes off the existing engine in 1 pc in the 1st place)

Have you thought about the weld-a-pulley type?

Haven't checked nowhere yet, got home with the new engine after all were closed anyway. Didn't know for sure what size shaft it had til I laid eyes on it as the seller wouldn't answer that question via CL.
Partially the reason I ask is because I'm sure I'm not the only one who ever needs a different pulley for something, might be good info for all in the answer.
Times like this I wish Glens surplus was nearby/ they have a whole wall of them, and pretty cheap. that's almost in member Doug T's backyard.

Good selection here with specifications.

Well I found one needed for this particular project at an out of the way blink and miss it Mom and Pop hardware store about 25 miles from home on the way camping. We stopped for a gallon of Coleman lantern fuel and looked around the rest of the store just because and there it was. They have alot of old stock, and among other things they have the best stock of different mower blades than I have seen in a while.

Back