Got some snow tried out the PK & Case snowcaster

MNGB

Tractorologist
We got snow yesterday only about 2 inches but the wind blew 25 to 35+ mph so I went into the shop this morning and as usual with wind I had about 2 foot right in front of the door so it was an excellent time to give the Case/PK snowcaster installation a real test. Started the PK let it warm up as I got my winter duds on opened the shop doors and headed into the snow had the front trans in 1st second one in 2nd drove into the snow and snow start flying, got the snow blew out of the way and I am very pleased with how it preforms couple of times when in deep snow it made the Gov open some but other wise it handled it great even blew some in 2nd & 2nd. This turned out to be a good match up Last picture was last spring with it on the 76 but no snow to try then

HPIM0988.JPGHPIM0989.JPGHPIM1545.JPGHPIM1546.JPG

I used it again yesterday to clean up the 2" of light stuff we had gotten before we got the new 2-4 inches but now they have down graded that to 2in or so we'll see suppose to have started snowing at 10 then 11AM nothing yet now its saying 2 PM we'll see I would not fell bad if it missed us compositely

So Gary. I’m wondering, do you think the thrower is spining the same speed as if it were on a Case tractor. ?

Noel
Hi Noel yes everything is the same I changed nothing the Kohler runs the same R's as the Onan or if it was a Case 444 it would have the 14HP Kohler that's one reason I went with it simple to install no mule drive mods of pulleys to change just line up the belt and attach

We are getting 2” maybe Saturday nite Gary. Might be able to test out the Case and thrower. Still have to put chains on yet. Put 75 lb wheel weights on it a while ago. Your tractor looks good. Nice set up.

Noel

Gary I just bent the auger on mine tonight. Picked up a big rock under the snow. DANG!!!!!!:mad:
Hey Chris I know what your saying about hidden things in the snow I picked up something in mine this afternoon couldn't find any dmage but it made a noise that got my attention.
How much snow did you get I think we got 4+ inches it is really light fluffy stuff sure glad we didn't have any more wind than we did

We are getting 2” maybe Saturday nite Gary. Might be able to test out the Case and thrower. Still have to put chains on yet. Put 75 lb wheel weights on it a while ago. Your tractor looks good. Nice set up.

Noel
Hi Noel, if you get snow I'll be interested in a report on your experiences hope it is a good as my experience, last year when I had it on the Case I was disgusted but it turned out the PTO was slipping (mine had the OEM mechanical one) and if I remember you said yours has and electric PTO that is good

You got more than us but we had some wind so I had to blow some. Yah the noise was very loud and the blower really jumped.
So did just bend the flighting or did the tube get it? I'm pretty sure I figutred out what I run though mine, I was using a 1/4"ratchet with a nice 9/16 socket on the tractor laid it on a ledge and forgot it can't find it anywhere pretty sure it fell of the tractor and when I backed up it got run thur and so it goes suppose to warm up here I suspect you'll get so warming to

So Gary. I didn’t get to use the Case but my son did. He said it worked good. Threw snow pretty good. Send me a video and he’s movin right along. Then the belt breaks. We expected troubles, so that’s the way it goes. Any idea how long the belt is ?

Noel

So Gary. I didn’t get to use the Case but my son did. He said it worked good. Threw snow pretty good. Send me a video and he’s movin right along. Then the belt breaks. We expected troubles, so that’s the way it goes. Any idea how long the belt is ?

Noel
Good to hear that it worked good ;ooked up what I have for a belt says an A80K belt or 1/2" X 82" the K just means Kevlar not totally needed but do last longer

Oh by the way the 1/4" ratchet and socket I lost and thought got run thur the blower turned up, yesterday my brother came into the shop with it in hand it was laying in the snow in front of the shop snow settled and it popped up and had just ordered a replacement socket so now I have a spare

Back