Got The Beaver Out

chieffan

Tractorologist
Felt like doing something this morning so it was past time to get the rest of the tower cleaned up and out of the dog pen. Had 2 - 8' sections left to free up from the strangle hold the trumpet vines had on it. Got them free, so time to get the Satoh Beaver with loader out. Tower sections all went to the scrap pile, picked up the tools & step ladder and got them put away. Noticed a couple wet spots n the toe of my work boot. Found the diesel return line had come off the metal tube at the tank and was spilling the diesel out on the tractor and my boot. Got the plastic tube back on but needs to be replaced. Tractor back in the shed waiting for the next assignment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love all diesel's and front end loaders. Sure makes for easier and safer working, or as with us getting older or having impairments, they make it possible to do some work that without a loader, we couldn't do the jobs at all!

I love all diesel's and front end loaders. Sure makes for easier and safer working, or as with us getting older or having impairments, they make it possible to do some work that without a loader, we couldn't do the jobs at all!
Very well said Daniel. Just wish I would have got one when I sold my 400 with loader. Didn't think I needed that big tractor any more.

Another 4 hours of work for the Bever. Lifted a 16' pipe gate off the hinges and carried it to the pole building and slide it inside with the rest of the gates. Lifted 1 cattle panel 16" and 2 hog panels 16' up and carried them to the storage area against the pallet building. Carried the rear blade to a better place and left it.
Took the weights off the 3 point and left them on two 1/2 cement blocks, then mounted the landscape rake. Used it to rake all the vines from the garden into one place. Picked them up with the loader and deposited them over the fence for the goats. Tractor back in the shed ready for the next job that come along for it. Didn't bother my back a bit today.

Last edited:
I had the camera in my pocket too but never remember to stop and take some photos. Guess I am thinking ahead to much. Will try and remember today if I clean the feeding floor off. Have some work on the Ranger first. Put the heavy (as in thickness) plastic skid plate back under it. Not to heavy but going to be awkward to handle.

The Beaver got called back to duty again yesterday morning. Had a willow tree that had two main trunks, one of which decided the wind was to much so fell down between the garage and a big Lilac bush. Chain saw in hand we went after it. Got the main limbs cleaned up and hauled two big loader buckets full down to the goats. They love those leaves and the bark. Then started in on the limbs which took two trips to the burn pile 3 more trips got the trunk hauled down. Was sure a lot easier with the loader tractor than doing it with a GT and cart or dragging the logs.

The Beaver got called back to duty again yesterday morning. Had a willow tree that had two main trunks, one of which decided the wind was to much so fell down between the garage and a big Lilac bush. Chain saw in hand we went after it. Got the main limbs cleaned up and hauled two big loader buckets full down to the goats. They love those leaves and the bark. Then started in on the limbs which took two trips to the burn pile 3 more trips got the trunk hauled down. Was sure a lot easier with the loader tractor than doing it with a GT and cart or dragging the logs.
For how cold it is and little pasture right now, the goats are really pleased.

Every year, I grow so much extra kale. As the pasture fades away, I take kale clippings to them. Kale is a superfood, it helps them to bring in a nice winter coat for the months ahead.

Good work by not wasting anything.

For how cold it is and little pasture right now, the goats are really pleased.

Every year, I grow so much extra kale. As the pasture fades away, I take kale clippings to them. Kale is a superfood, it helps them to bring in a nice winter coat for the months ahead.

Good work by not wasting anything.
Besides being a supper food kale is as easy to grow as zucchini. If you can't grow kale it is time to give up gardening.
Don

I just planted mine in a row. rows on a stalk with leafs. Last time I planted it it grew for 2 years. Freezing didn't seem to hurt it. Even a little sub 0. Only problem I had was cabbage leaf beetle laying eggs. You have to move it around planting in different areas to prevent infestation.
1665887512403.png
Many different varieties. Endless information on the web.
The wife told me she wouldn't eat it. She lost her vision and I had to take over the cooking. After several months of feeding her salads she complained "whats wrong with this salad" I told her I ran out of kale.
Don

Last edited:
Going to try some next year. Usually plant plenty of leaf lettuce and the goats get hands full of that every time we go to the garden. They love onion tops also. In fact I don't think there is much from the garden they don't like.

Going to try some next year. Usually plant plenty of leaf lettuce and the goats get hands full of that every time we go to the garden. They love onion tops also. In fact I don't think there is much from the garden they don't like.
We have to watch out with the onions and the goats. Too much, and the milk tastes like liquid onions. ewwww.

Back