Got the Dandelions and wild parsnips sprayed

MNGB

Tractorologist
Every fall for the past 4/5 years I been spraying the runway and hay ground for dandelions and wild parsnips always try for this last week in Sept as I've had pretty good results last year didn't get it sprayed as we had terrible weather and those darn wild parsnips were making a come back . Anyway Thursday afternoon the wind went down some and I got 2 loads sprayed out Friday same thing didn't get a start until late afternoon got 2 loads out and it was cold and raw so yesterday we had some sun and a it was pretty nice and got it finished up and am I glad today is messerible. The Power King and sprayer worked great so now the sparyer can go in the shed until next year

HPIM2507.JPGHPIM2509.JPGHPIM2510.JPG

Last edited:
Mine is finally getting to the point where it is more grass than weeds but not 100% yet
In past years I have put more feed down than weed killer in the weed and feed equation / the last 2 years I have been putting down more "weed" than "feed"

I saw a piece in pinterest about a spray that will kill stuff that Round Up won't. It's a mixture of white vinegar, dish soap and Epsom salts. It is supposed to work in a matter of hours. Has anyone tried this?
I don't have an account at Pinterest, but I found this online:

I saw a piece in pinterest about a spray that will kill stuff that Round Up won't. It's a mixture of white vinegar, dish soap and Epsom salts. It is supposed to work in a matter of hours. Has anyone tried this?
Yes I have and no I won't be doing it again. It has to be applied in very heavy amounts and it looks like it will need to be done again two weeks after the first application. It did work good with the hand wand when spot spraying. A lot like roundup but works faster. Make sure to soak the weeds good and I think you'll be happy.

I used to spray the lawn, put down granular weed & feed and other concoctions. 2 years ago a local young guy started his lawn care business. Had him come out and and treat the whole lawn, and it is big - close to 3 hours of mowing time. His treatment cleaned up everything, white clover, dandelions, and any other weeds. Haven't done a thing but mow and little spot spray since and had a real nice clean lawn yet this year.

I don't know what he used but it worked. White clover was real think in a lot of areas. Couple days after his treatment it was rolled and turning brown. I know it won't last forever especially with farm ground on one side and CRP on the other three. If I remember right it was about $250. I would not think of trying to treat it at that price. Have a lot of flowers, bushes shrubs, etc. and not a one was effected. My luck I would have killed half of them.

Little story on spraying. A fellow work running a RowGator and I had the tender truck pulled into a farm place on morning about 9 am. Checked with the farmer to be sure which fields we were to spray. He made the comment that we didn't need to worry about any flowers as hi wife covered them early this morning before she left for work at 7. Looked over towards the house and several black plastic trash bags were covering several plants. Told the farmer it wouldn't make an difference if the spray got to them or not as they were already half dead from lack of air. We went and sprayed and left him to deal with the wife and flowers.

Back