Gotta start downsizing

A friend recently sold a huge chunk of his collection off, tractors, parts, implements, etc. He advertised an sold it all as one big lot. 4 or 5 trailer loads. He priced it well enough so the buyer was able to piece it out. AKA let someone else with time and motivation deal with the bozo's on Facebook and CL

A friend recently sold a huge chunk of his collection off, tractors, parts, implements, etc. He advertised an sold it all as one big lot. 4 or 5 trailer loads. He priced it well enough so the buyer was able to piece it out. AKA let someone else with time and motivation deal with the bozo's on Facebook and CL
Don't have a clue of who to contact down here. Can't even sell a good riding mower right now!

I know I am definitely not buying anymore garden tractors. At some point or if someone stops by with a big fist full of cash my collection will sold too. It's a full time job if you want to keep 15 to 20 up and running. Or who knows maybe if lumber ever comes down and I can finally put my building up. I will make the tractor museum and they can sit there.

Sadly, if every body downsizes and gets rid of their stuff and don’t get any more tractors or attachments, there will be less working on tractors, so there will be less discussion and looking for ideas, and then the forms will slowly die. But that’s the way it is. We all get older, fads change, time changes every thing. And myself it’s not quite as much fun any more. Some days I wonder why I’m foolin with this stuff. But what else would I do ? I could be buying and selling tractors, not much trouble selling stuff here it seems. But I don’t want to deal with people.

Noel

Last edited:
I guess I was fortunate when the time came to down size. A lot of my stuff was visible from the road so people would stop in. If they were interested enough to stop they would usually ask if they could look around and of course the next question is what do you want for that. Some might call and come back later for another purchase. Usually priced things high enough that I would feel better seeing it go down the road. Down to just 3 custom GT's and they are where they can't be seen.
Sounds like things have changed in the last couple years and GT's aren't as popular. Kenney I hope you can find new homes for your things and feel good about it. Best of luck!

Sorry you have to cut back Kenny. Makes one think about where time is most well spent. I will be hating it if you tell us running tractors are getting scrapped! Hope you keep that info to yourself when the time comes!

I'm with you Noel, selling some stuff is ok, but dealing with people---not so much!

DAC

Back