Grease gun coupling

MFDAC

Tractorologist
Not a big addition to the tool box but this came in the mail today. Hopefully it will make greasing the deck spindles easier on the MF12G's cutting deck. I had installed a pressure zirk on one side and a vent zirk on the other when I rebuilt the deck a couple years ago. I had a regular 90* coupling but it was a pain in the butt to get in there, almost as bad as a straight one.

DAC

DSCN4360.JPG DSCN4361.JPG

I think that would be handy especially getting in at a 90 degree angle. The fact that it just snaps into or out of your grease gun fitting is convenient. A machinist friend of mine gave me a swivel head years ago and it has worked flawlessly. I haven’t had a zerk yet I couldn’t get to.

Never seen one of those before.
I got it here, Kenny.

I never run those grass catching top covers so access to the zirks are not a problem on my Cub decks. I think those will only work on the straight up type zirk.
I took those covers off back in 2011, Roger, and a couple years ago when I gave the deck and spindles an overhaul, I even cut the cover mounting studs off. I developed a fast dislike for them after a couple mows. Deck wasn't designed for any zirk clearance though.

I've used one and they work good.
But as Roger said may not work well on a 90°.
Wouldn't make any sense to try it on a 90* zirk anyway, so no problem there, Bill.

I think that would be handy especially getting in at a 90 degree angle. The fact that it just snaps into or out of your grease gun fitting is convenient. A machinist friend of mine gave me a swivel head years ago and it has worked flawlessly. I haven’t had a zerk yet I couldn’t get to.
Sounds like a cool coupler, Jim. Any pics of it?

DAC

I got it here, Kenny.

I took those covers off back in 2011, Roger, and a couple years ago when I gave the deck and spindles an overhaul, I even cut the cover mounting studs off. I developed a fast dislike for them after a couple mows. Deck wasn't designed for any zirk clearance though.

Wouldn't make any sense to try it on a 90* zirk anyway, so no problem there, Bill.

Sounds like a cool coupler, Jim. Any pics of it?

DAC
I’ll post a pic on here tomorrow it’s an oldie.

Back