GT 235 No Crank

secondtry

Tractorologist
Posted Today, 12:03 PM

Went out to mow today, Got on the JD 214 fired it up and as soon as I engaged the PTO had a catastrophic failure of a bearing. Idler pulley for the power flow. O well the GT 235 will knock it down and I can bag it later. Fired that up and proceeded to mow. Got about half done and it started to sound like it was running on one cylinder part of the time. Shut it down and got off to check things out and found no obvious problems. Attempted to restart and no crank no click. The only noticeable response is the hour meter on the dash activates. The seat switch was jumped when I got the machine and still is. Would sure love to have a clear trouble shooting plan.

Don

Posted Today, 12:03 PM

Went out to mow today, Got on the JD 214 fired it up and as soon as I engaged the PTO had a catastrophic failure of a bearing. Idler pulley for the power flow. O well the GT 235 will knock it down and I can bag it later. Fired that up and proceeded to mow. Got about half done and it started to sound like it was running on one cylinder part of the time. Shut it down and got off to check things out and found no obvious problems. Attempted to restart and no crank no click. The only noticeable response is the hour meter on the dash activates. The seat switch was jumped when I got the machine and still is. Would sure love to have a clear trouble shooting plan.

Don
Forgot to mention the battery is good and full charge.

Back