Harbor Freight "TailGator" Generator???

grnspot110

Tractorologist
Has anybody here had any experience with the HF "TailGator" generator? 900 Max Starting/700 Running Watts, 2 HP (63cc) 2 Cycle Gas Generator EPA/CARB

I'd like a "cheap" generator to run a fan at tractor shows. I set up a canopy, but often in July-September around here there's very little air movement! It won't get used a lot so I'm not interested in shelling out big bucks. I have a bigger generator for other uses, just want something small, light weight & not overly loud!

I picked up one of the honda eu2200i generators. It's super quiet. But it's expensive for all the bigger it is!

You can also buy small 12 volt oscillating fans for 20 or 30 bucks.

Deep cycle battery. Solar panel from harbor freight and a couple 12v fans. Youd be the envy of the show!

I picked up one of the honda eu2200i generators. It's super quiet. But it's expensive for all the bigger it is!

You can also buy small 12 volt oscillating fans for 20 or 30 bucks.

Deep cycle battery. Solar panel from harbor freight and a couple 12v fans. Youd be the envy of the show!

I've got three of the 12V fans (two at the cabin), prefer a bigger fan. Tried the inverter with a small garden tractor battery, ran long enough for me to think the deep cycle battery from the cabin will last a day. May try it this weekend!

A friend of mine is powering his little off grid hunting blind(its a 12x12 shed 20' off the ground) with a harbor freight solar panel and a little 12v deep cycle security light back up battery I think its 12amp hour. 12v led bulbs a 12v fan and some other stuff. He says he can run it quite awhile on that set up.

Back