Heat Gun

Brillionman

I use a heat gun to remove decals. I have found more uses. yesterday
I removed a gas line from a plastic gas tank off a snapper. By heating up the old fuel line it made easy to pull it off. I heated up the new line the sprayed Heavy Duty Silicone Spray inside the line. and it went on easy. I use it to heat old gasket sealer and it helps in removing.
thanks bill

Heat shrink tubing, soften paint for removal, shaping plastic and bending PVC pipe. Also have used them to preheat the intake air when cold starting a diesel. Removing shipping labels and warming cold spray paint cans. Used it to heat bearings before installing them on a shaft. To heat up the aluminum housings on electric motors so the bearings will come out.

Also have used them to preheat the intake air when cold starting a diesel.

This use for a heat gun hit me as a bit genius, when I lived in Alaska with 2 diesel vehicles, temps down below -35F, there were days this would have been easier than the "Alaska Barbecue".

(Alaska Barbecue- Cheap aluminum baking pan, fill with charcoal briquets, light on fire, wait till there are just coals-no flame, shove under the oil pan, wait 5-10 minutes, engine thawed enough to start, no joke)

Back