Hh100 Rebuild

esbbent

Tractorologist
I am working on rebuilding the Techumseh HH100 out of my MF10. The tractor is a1966 model, first year of production. IMG_20240929_105407204_HDR.jpgIMG_20240929_105159372.jpgThe tractor has a metal dash but a plastic nose piece. As far as I can tell tractor is all original except the tires and seat. The engine is a early HH 100 with an internal coil and points. I didn't document the engine teardown. This article will be on putting the engine back together. Today I have been cleaning up the block since I have to wait on parts. It has taken a lot of foaming engine cleaner and scrapping to get it to this point. Still has Massey silver showing up.IMG_20240929_101312012_HDR.jpgI use the die grinder and finger wheel to clean up any area a gasket area.

Thanks for starting this for us to follow, Ted! What is the material on that finger wheel? Never seen one before.

DAC
Like Tahoe said it is a hard plastic. There are 3 different grades, yellow, green, and white. If I remember correctly yellow has the stiffest bristles and white has the softest. If I am working on aluminum or an engine head I will use the white color wheels.

It's kind of like a hard plastic. I have several also, both green and yellow for different abrasive levels. They last pretty long in my experience.
Like Tahoe said it is a hard plastic. There are 3 different grades, yellow, green, and white. If I remember correctly yellow has the stiffest bristles and white has the softest. If I am working on aluminum or an engine head I will use the white color wheels.
Thanks for filling me in on those, Marty and Ted! Will have to look for some. Who is the manufacturer?

DAC

I know 3M/Scotch Brite make some. I do not know if there are any aftermarket ones available or not. The last ones I bought a couple of years ago at the Knoxville Nationals. A tool vendor from MN sets up a table selling different tools, if I remember correctly $3-4 a piece is what I paid.

I know 3M/Scotch Brite make some. I do not know if there are any aftermarket ones available or not. The last ones I bought a couple of years ago at the Knoxville Nationals. A tool vendor from MN sets up a table selling different tools, if I remember correctly $3-4 a piece is what I paid.
Sounds like a good price and what a cool place to buy them, Ted! Never made it to Knoxville, unfortunately.

DAC

Back