Husqvarna TS354XD questions

I get what you're saying about the Husqvarna TS354XD and how it compares to the John Deere. Choosing the right tractor is about finding the best mix of price and quality. I was in a similar spot before and picked a Kubota tractor.

I chose Kubota because they're known for being rugged and reliable. I bought the KUBOTA LX3520HSD for USD 34,155. It's been perfect for garden work and even tough jobs like ploughing. Plus, I haven't had any problems with it breaking or needing extra work.

Last edited:
I bought a TS354XD. I have 14 hrs on it from last summer. I don't plan on plowing, but I wanted to pull a cart with fairly good loads on it. I also found out about the Johnny Bucket after buying the Husqavarna. Which I would like to get at some point. But I know the K66 is not the strongest that is available. But I could not afford more than what the TS354XD offered at that price point.

I'll just have to make do with it. I'm making some modifications to address some issues Like being able to remove the black side panels easier. Also adding a fuel shut of, and way to drain fuel if need be. Also I'm adding a limit strap for holding the seat up so I can flip the lid up on the bagger lid. Though If I'm on a hill the seat does not want to stay tipped up. I'll have to find a way to hold the seat tipped up. I also added an rpm reading so I can know the RPMs while mowing to make sure I have things set correct on the engine. The mower does come with an hr meter.

I also filled about 12 holes on the fabricated deck, some were square. So I used short carriage bolts on those. Filling the fuel tank is a treat. Fuel comes up so fast at the end of the fill. The fuel just wants to blast the last couple inches up. I fill a lot slower now. Not thrilled about plastic sleeves on the front wheels as well. I will try to switch to bearings at some point.

Overall I'm fairly happy otherwise. In hind sight if money was no object, I would have spent more, to get a more. Maybe a John Deere?

GT48DXLS has gone through hell and back with his frame issue. That being said I will be referencing his posts going forward. My coming winter project will be changing the transaxle fluid out. I will have to see if there are any ways I can see to makes servicing the fluid easier. I have already switched out the lock nuts on the deck adjustment points for the deck with regular nuts I can just tighten, or jam the nuts together. The locking nuts were starting to tear up the threads on the deck hangers at the back, and the front adjustment.

Back