Hydraulic Pressure on Alice

KennyP

In memory of Alice's Creator
Staff member
I finally got a gauge to test the pressure on Alice. It's a 2000 lb. liquid filled gauge.

DSCN2396.JPG

Here I have it plumbed in and Alice at full throttle.

DSCN2397.JPG

Here I am working the lift valve.

DSCN2399.JPG

I also took this plug out and checked for blockage in there. Looks clear.

DSCN2401.JPG

Don't know what this means.

Where does the oil come back into the system from the valve?

Into the side of the Eaton pump. Already checked that fitting.

Update! Found some of the issue was the relief setting in the valve and the fitting into the side of the pump had a smaller hole in it. Installed a 2-spool valve of a MF and all is working well. Can lift over 300 lbs on the 3-point. Getting ready to install a 3-spool valve from a JD 140 and run lines for two spools to the front. One of those I will tee off and put to the rear. Should give me plenty of options for implements! The 3-point lift will be using the 'float' spool.

Should be! Now, what to do with it all!

I've been gathering cylinders. I have one that was a Ford/Jake lift cylinder. Then I have one from the wheel chair lift with a 13" stroke. I have a nice tie-rod cylinder here, but it's an air jobbie. Not sure if it could be made to work with hydraulics. Then I have the JD 140 lift cylinder!

I'm holding off on the 3-spool installation. Just bought a JD 316. May be a option for it (or for a 318 I may be getting before long)

Poor Alice, here she was thinking she was about to become indispensable. And now she can sleep with her blanked while jumping Johnny gets the play time.;);)

Well a small one. The lift cylinder has decided it wants to leak some! But not as bad as that filter base did!

Back