I was going to Mount up the Blower on the Craftsman

cjet69

Tractorologist
The craftsman has been sitting for about 3 months and I figured it was time to get the blower mounted up. Well as usual the battery was dead. I charged it overnight and fired it up today. It ran like cr@p. I pulled the bowl off the carb and found it full of rust and jelly. This must be some of the fuel that we didn't get stabilizer added to last year. Got the bowl cleaned up and shot some carb cleaner down the idle and main adjusting screws. Fired it back up and its running good now. Think I will top it off with new fuel and drive it a bit to get things mixed up good. Then I can go ahead and mount up the blower.

100_0335 (Medium).JPG100_2476 (Medium).JPG100_2477 (Medium).JPG100_2478 (Medium).JPG

Hey cjet I would say ship her here to me so it wouldn't sit around and get like that but I think I have enough that some don't get run as they should good to hear its back to running good again and I put seafoam in mine also that sit over winter it really makes a difference

Hey cjet I would say ship her here to me so it wouldn't sit around and get like that but I think I have enough that some don't get run as they should good to hear its back to running good again and I put seafoam in mine also that sit over winter it really makes a difference

Yep GB, I could ship it over or you could load up up semi full of snow and they could dump it in the driveway here. ;) That barrel of gas that didn't get treated caused problem in several tractors, big ones and small ones. I need to install a fuel shut-off so I can drain the carb when its going to sit.

The weather forecast is mentioning some possible snow next Sunday and into next week. It would be nice to get enough to run the blower a time or two.

Yep GB, I could ship it over or you could load up up semi full of snow and they could dump it in the driveway here. ;) That barrel of gas that didn't get treated caused problem in several tractors, big ones and small ones. I need to install a fuel shut-off so I can drain the carb when its going to sit.

The weather forecast is mentioning some possible snow next Sunday and into next week. It would be nice to get enough to run the blower a time or two.
Be careful of what you wish for!

Finished up the rear weight bracket for the Craftsman. I hope to try it out If we get some snow in the next week. I put all 90 lbs on it figuring it shouldn't be a problem when I only weigh 170 lbs. I know lots of guys that weigh more than the combined weight I now have.

100_2494 (Medium).JPG100_2495 (Medium).JPG100_2496 (Medium).JPG100_2497 (Medium).JPG

That's a nice GT6000.

I had one that I liked a LOT. It was a 1994 18HP Kohler twin, hydro. A fine young man I met at church was needing a mower to make his lawn mowing job easier. He showed me a picture of a junker he was considering buying from a "friend". As much as I hated parting with it, I made him a great deal on a great tractor...... he's a happy camper now.DSCF2738.JPG

Nice. I have one of those blowers for my little craftsman LT. Used it every winter until I got my Sears with a blade setup. Never used it since, kind of sucks on gravel drive, I would somehow get a rock in the chain drive and throw chain everytime.

I like those weights and your setup cjet that will work good where did you guys get the wts?

I like those weights and your setup cjet that will work good where did you guys get the wts?

Just like Kenny's, they came off a weight machine that my Brother's family was throwing out. All the square tubing from the machine come's in handy also. We have another weight machine with weight similar to these so I guess I need to pick out another tractor to make another weight bracket for.

Thanks guys I've never seen those wt around here but then again I don't go to garage sales much anymore I have lots of the round lift wts I've piked up over time and they work good but I can see some good uses for those also

Thanks guys I've never seen those wt around here but then again I don't go to garage sales much anymore I have lots of the round lift wts I've piked up over time and they work good but I can see some good uses for those also
They are only about 7 lbs. each.

I fired up the blower and got the driveway cleared late this morning while no snow was falling. At about 2:30 pm it started snowing again. We'll see if I need to run the blower again or if it warms up tomorrow and melts everything. Our temp right now is 19*F.

100_2530 (Medium).JPG100_2532 (Medium).JPG

Back