IH Cub Lo Boy 154

SearsYellow

I have a 1969 Cub Lo Boy that I picked up the other day. I am looking to get rid of the brass gas lines and hook up regular gas line from sediment bowl to carb. The problem i am running to is finding a adapter/fitting that will fit the sediment bowl to attach regular gas line. Has anyone else ran into this?

How about just cut the metal fuel line off with a tubing cutter about an inch from the tubing nut on each end. Slip the fuel hose over the tubing and clamp it with small hose clamps.
Option 2: remove the tubing adapters from the sediment bowl and the carb, take them to the hdwre or auto parts store to find hose barbs with the proper thread.
Mike

How about just cut the metal fuel line off with a tubing cutter about an inch from the tubing nut on each end. Slip the fuel hose over the tubing and clamp it with small hose clamps.
Option 2: remove the tubing adapters from the sediment bowl and the carb, take them to the hdwre or auto parts store to find hose barbs with the proper thread.
Mike

The metal line won’t stay in the sediment bowl. I guess the adapter that holds the line has wore down. It’s not working. So since I was going to change it I was going to do away with the metal line. I did goto Oreillys, Napa and Advance and not a single one of them had anything that would work. That’s why I posted here thinking someone would know the thread count and pitch. Or point me in a direction to find one.

If it's the original line and sediment bowl that fitting is unique to International Harvester. To make a new line you need 2 of 29899D. It's a type of compression fitting but instead of having the ball that gets crushed on the line the end of the fitting is tapered and crushes when you tighten it up. The parts book does say it's a 1/2-20 coupling so a standard hose barb with that thread might work but I'm not 100% sure on that

Back