I'm not liking the wind lately.

Rustyoldjunk

Rustologist/Punishment Glutton
We just got moved.
I still have tons to do to get things sorted,arranged,unpacked,organized,etc.
Along with plumbing,drywall and paint going on.
I set my tent shed up a few days ago and though I would get back to it shortly to get it strengthened up.
Well we have had constant straight line high winds the last 12-14 hours.
I can't do anything about this until the winds die down.
I have tried a few times. The wind picks me up with the tarp,while other parts of the tarp beats me around like I'm loosing a bar fight.
Notice the frame is even bending and this is a older heavier frame.
Grrr...
Redesign coming soon.

Attachments

• 20200329_180328.jpg
    20200329_180328.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200329_180344.jpg
    20200329_180344.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200329_180349.jpg
    20200329_180349.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200329_180359.jpg
    20200329_180359.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200329_180213.jpg
    20200329_180213.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200329_180221.jpg
    20200329_180221.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200329_180253.jpg
    20200329_180253.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200329_180302.jpg
    20200329_180302.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200329_180320.jpg
    20200329_180320.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 10
I feel bad for you guys, but 30 mph is a breeze here and 50 mph is a fairly normal occasion---LOL! The pattern has changed some though. This winter was not nearly windy as usual! Looks like it has moved your way. It will cycle away from you folks and move somewhere else or back here again. Those Tent sheds get flattened around here unless reinforced enough that building a stick structure would have been just as good.

Hope nothing is getting badly damaged for you Rusty!

DAC

We just got moved.
I still have tons to do to get things sorted,arranged,unpacked,organized,etc.
Along with plumbing,drywall and paint going on.
I set my tent shed up a few days ago and though I would get back to it shortly to get it strengthened up.
Well we have had constant straight line high winds the last 12-14 hours.
I can't do anything about this until the winds die down.
I have tried a few times. The wind picks me up with the tarp,while other parts of the tarp beats me around like I'm loosing a bar fight.
Notice the frame is even bending and this is a older heavier frame.
Grrr...
Redesign coming soon.
PLEASE, if you go back out to tie it down in the wind... For the love of God get someone to video it.

And I've got $5 on the tarp at 2 to 1 odds

PLEASE, if you go back out to tie it down in the wind... For the love of God get someone to video it.

And I've got $5 on the tarp at 2 to 1 odds
Well I did Alan....and you would have loved it,but in the end I finally won.
The tarp did beat the snot out of me and it did irritate me like crazy twisting,turning,wrapping around me and slapping me (mostly in the head it seemed) until I finally got it under control.
I'm sorry though. I didn't see your request until after I came back in so I didn't have anyone video tape it. :p :D

I have one of those pipe frame buildings. After the second tarp go tore up got the building back straihgt again and welded every joint. Made a solid end in one end and double door in the other. Covered ther whole building with steel running the long way. and have no more problems..

I have one of those pipe frame buildings. After the second tarp go tore up got the building back straihgt again and welded every joint. Made a solid end in one end and double door in the other. Covered ther whole building with steel running the long way. and have no more problems..
The wind is exactly why I gave up on those things a long time ago.

We got hammered. My wife got smashed in the face with the hinges garbage can lid. For some reason she was super worried that it blew open and went over the shut it. She got it shut then a gust hit as she was turning away and it smashed her in the side of the face. Bent her glasses up and knocked her down. I told her twice to leave it alone as it would just blow open again. Never did get a "you were right"

Not gonna lie. Last summer it was much like yesterday and I took that lid across my back as I turned away from it. Haha

A bit windy last night, a few small branches down, nothing major.
As for thos fabric sheds, they don't seem to last around here with the snow and wind.

We got hammered. My wife got smashed in the face with the hinges garbage can lid. For some reason she was super worried that it blew open and went over the shut it. She got it shut then a gust hit as she was turning away and it smashed her in the side of the face. Bent her glasses up and knocked her down. I told her twice to leave it alone as it would just blow open again. Never did get a "you were right"

Not gonna lie. Last summer it was much like yesterday and I took that lid across my back as I turned away from it. Haha
If possible, Aaron, face the handle upwind. I have to roll ours out to the road and it seems to keep them standing. They always blow over when the opening is facing the wind. Where we keep it at the house, I can roll it up handle toward the wind fine. But still can blow over due to the wind tunnel effect created by the house being near the shop. Kind of a bottleneck. I put a bungee cord around the handle and the handrail to the back door steps that it stands by.

DAC

If possible, Aaron, face the handle upwind. I have to roll ours out to the road and it seems to keep them standing. They always blow over when the opening is facing the wind. Where we keep it at the house, I can roll it up handle toward the wind fine. But still can blow over due to the wind tunnel effect created by the house being near the shop. Kind of a bottleneck. I put a bungee cord around the handle and the handrail to the back door steps that it stands by.

DAC

Makes good sense. I never worry about it anymore after taking a beating by it! It was full full so it wasnt in danger of blowing away.

Back