Inside wheel weights.

CRF6179

Tractorologist
Brought home this series 2000 Cub cadet with a blown motor.
Pretty much the only thing I wanted were the wheel weights mounted on the backside of the rear tires.
I'm hoping to make them fit on my "Frankenstein " tractor.
Don't know what they weigh. 12" diameter x 4"thick.

Attachments

CRF6179

Tractorologist
The tractor I got the wheel weights off of had a front bumper on it. Measured it against my 782 cub cadet and saw it would fit.
Got it cleaned, painted, and installed. Don't have a picture of it installed, but now when I load it in the trailer it hits the bumper and gives me something easy to tie it down to.

Attachments

chieffan

Tractorologist
I need to build a couple of those for my plastic nosed cubs. The drive shaft coupler is different than what I have seen on those tractors. Wonder what the other half looks like?

CRF6179

Tractorologist
That tractor was a 2185. Both drive shaft ends looked the same. They used 8 small barrel shaped pieces of rubber and two other pieces to connect at the motor or transaxle. I have 3 of the drive shafts. Two are splined and one is double D. at the tranny. All three are different at the motor. I have one drive shaft that used the rag joint.

Attachments

chieffan

Tractorologist
Thanks for the photos I see how they work now. I have not had a problem with the rag joints. Have to keep them bolts tight.