iseki 350

Papyjj

Good morning. I'm John and just joined. And sorry but already looking for advice.

I was using my iseki 350f (age unknown replacement briggs motor fitted before my time) and power stopped arriving at one wheel. The cable to the lever that disengages drive still works and the lever moves as the otherside. So my question is what should i be looking at as the possible problem.

When it broke i was using it to flatten brambles over 2 metres high on a patch of land ive just bought just by driving through them, maybe not recommended but it was effective untilit broke. I dont think this is related to the problem as nothing seems to be wedged anywhere.

Welcome! Not knowing anything about your machine, I would look for the little things first. Like, if it's a keyed hub, check for a sheared key.

First thing I would do is check and see if both axles are turning. If they are than it's a problem with the wheel hub and not the transmission which is a good thing.

Welcome! Not knowing anything about your machine, I would look for the little things first. Like, if it's a keyed hub, check for a sheared key.
Thanks hadn't thought if that as a possibility I'm new to these machines bought it secondhand last year and it's been working weekends with me since then

First thing I would do is check and see if both axles are turning. If they are than it's a problem with the wheel hub and not the transmission which is a good thing.
OK thanks that's another for my to look for diagnostics at the weekend. In fairness hoping it's a simple fix as our local iseki dealer had to shut up shop recently and not to many others in the locality

Sorry no idea how etended up with 2 images. Thats as i bought my 2 wheeler with the extras. Ive since made a trailer for her and currently modifying a circular saw to run of the power takeoff hub. She who must be obeyed wont let me commission that until covid is finishedincase i cut my arm off.

Re my inatial problem i put it in for repair should be done tomorrow so will let you know what happened when i find out

Looks looks the kind of rugged beast you couldn't hurt unless you let it fall off the trailer on the free way.
Don

Those things are a beast. Back in the early 70's when I was in Japan a lot of farming was done with machines like that. Would also pull ride-on trailers with them.
1614290232508.png

Sorry no idea how etended up with 2 images. Thats as i bought my 2 wheeler with the extras. Ive since made a trailer for her and currently modifying a circular saw to run of the power takeoff hub. She who must be obeyed wont let me commission that until covid is finishedincase i cut my arm off.

Re my inatial problem i put it in for repair should be done tomorrow so will let you know what happened when i find out
Think I fixed that!

Back