JD 112 Brush Guard/Tote Build

KennyP

In memory of Alice's Creator
Staff member
I don't have everything needed as yet for this, but I started making the bracket for it. First was the side pieces, had to cut a notch in these for some bolt heads sticking out that the 316 didn't have.
DSCN4396.JPG

Then I set it on the table so I can put the 3" wide strap to set the width.
DSCN4397.JPG

I got that welded in yesterday, but didn't take a pic. Here is the guard in front of the 316 to give you an idea of what I plan for this build.
DSCN4365.JPG DSCN4366.JPG

I am going to look into using a couple mower deck spring latches to hold it up. Then I can pull them out and let it fold down with the bottom end against the side brackets to haul things. Stay tuned, more pics will be added today.

Yeah, but that was just set up there. No brackets made up for it. I went out and opened the 112 hood and it will be close. I'll check it out tomorrow!

I like it and will prevent damage to the bottom piece that seems common issue on the 110 and 112.

I haven't a clue what to price it at. Has the integral hitch and the electric lift works great. Think I have about $250 in it just to get it going again!

Yeah it tough to price them I actually thought about selling the 110 when it finished because that would have finish some other projects

Kenny I think you said you had a mower deck for it also. I'd price it around $400.00 or so and see how it does. I think $250.00 is too cheap but that just my opinion.

I just ordered the spring latches. Hope they arrive Friday!

Got the latches! First off was stripping them down to just the brackets.
DSCN4405.JPG

Then I used a 5/8" bolt to secure them for welding.
DSCN4406.JPG

Since I had warm temps in the shop with the woodburner going, I gave it all a coat of Rust Reformer.
DSCN4407.JPG DSCN4408.JPG

Back