John Deere Variator Help

Chaser

I need some guidance figuring out the variator/clutch on the 214. I had it running, but the clutch pedal wouldn't come up very far. So I adjusted the variator and got the pedal back up. BUT every time I push the pedal down it comes up less and less until it doesn't come up at all. What gives?
Thanks in advance!

My 112 has one, but haven't had any issues as yet.

I need some guidance figuring out the variator/clutch on the 214. I had it running, but the clutch pedal wouldn't come up very far. So I adjusted the variator and got the pedal back up. BUT every time I push the pedal down it comes up less and less until it doesn't come up at all. What gives?
Thanks in advance!
Do you have a TM for that? I may have one.

Be sure the variator is moving Chaser sometimes the center centrifugal pulley sticks . If that’s not moving freely it could be the cause of your headaches. I lube it with a q-tip and a touch of grease so as to not get the belts greasy. When there really stuck I soak them with penetrating fluid a leave them sit for a day or two before I put the belts on. You could put it up on jack stands and work the petal and variator handle and see if it’s moving.

Back