Just what I need, More GT's

cjet69

Tractorologist
The mower shop down the road is closing up and he is clearing stuff out. The owner stopped by and he said to come and get 2 tractors. One is a John Deere LX277 with deck, but no engine or hood. I did see the hood behind a fence when we picked the tractor up so I will ask him about it. The other tractor is a John Deere 140 which a customer dropped off years ago and has just been sitting outside. A few parts have been stolen off it so the shop owner wanted to get it out of there before the whole thing disappears. It turns out that we know who the owner is and heard that he is fishing up in Alaska. I guess we will be caretakers for now unless the owner wants to sell.

GOPR0336-m.JPGGOPR0339-m.JPGGOPR0341-m.JPGGOPR0342-m.JPGGOPR0346-m.JPGGOPR0349-m.JPG

Last edited:
Rescue and storage fees can add up pretty quick when accrued daily lol

Nice couple of saves.

Sorry to hear about yet another business on its way out, looks like there'll be an opening in town for someone with small engine skills

I assume the 140 owner probably had permission to store it there. All the parties involved here know each other, went to the same school, and parents knew each other. I'm just wondering if the owner lost interest it it and wants to sell.

The mower shop owner has been diabetic since we were kids and his health is going downhill. He still plans on doing a little work on the side at home, but just can't carry the overhead anymore.

Hope that deck is still solid since it has enough crud on it to cultivate weeds! Cool that you helped the shop owner get a couple things out of there. The owner of the 140 will probably cut you a good deal!

DAC

Hey Cjet you needed those as I haven't seen you on here that much lately this gives a reason to BS :cool:

Hey GB, I haven't done much posting lately. With the hay season and then a bunch of work on the farm this year I haven't been doing much on my projects. The farm is looking good with a new concrete pad in the feedlot, a bunch of holes and low spots filled in the fields and cattle lane, and a regraded slope with new grass planted that works as a filter strip for the feedlot runoff in the winter.

These tractors were just dropped in my lap(I'm not complaining) so you gotta take when they are there. Winter is coming fast and the shop is a bigger mess than ever. I need to get that cleaned up so I can get some stuff inside to work on. I have several projects that got abandoned when hay season started that need to be buttoned up. We are also getting another old tractor in the next few days. It is suppose to run so hopefully it won't need to much work.

I see you just got a simplicity GT project. I have a 3415 H that is still waiting to be worked on. Hope to get some projects completed this winter for a change.

Hope that deck is still solid since it has enough crud on it to cultivate weeds! Cool that you helped the shop owner get a couple things out of there. The owner of the 140 will probably cut you a good deal!

DAC

I think it can be saved. There is some flaky rust underneath, but its seems to be fairly solid still.

Looks like the LX277 deck can be saved after pressure washing. It has some scaly rust underneath, but I see no signs of rust thru at this point. I couldn't turn the blades at first so I pulled the belt from the blower and it broke loose. I found the 2 idler pulley's are frozen on the blower assy.

GOPR0350-m.JPGGOPR0351-m.JPGGOPR0352-m.JPGGOPR0353-m.JPG

Picked up the old hood for the LX277. The top is broken along with the rear mounting points on the lower hood. I think it could be fixed if needed. At the very least I have a good grille/headlight assy. Sounds like another guy is buying out the business so it should remain a mower repair shop for now.

100_3384-m.JPG100_3385-m.JPG100_3386-m.JPG100_3387-m.JPG

Back