Kemp K6CH Wood Chipper

Propane1

Tractorologist
It is a little top heavy but not as much as it looks. I don’t like towing a wagon type hookup especially when the pin hitch at the tractor pivots too. It’s like backing up an accordion. I thought about widening the axle or I’m thinking two wheels in the middle of the frame would be easier to maneuver. Not mine but I like this wheel design setup on this one.
View attachment 51316
I’d like that set up better too, nice tractor hauling it. Hehe.
Same as mine.

Noel

Last edited:

ol' stonebreaker

Tractorologist
On my MTD chipper if you have to push the wood into the chipper blade it needs sharpened. When my blade is sharp I have to hold back on the wood to keep it from bogging the engine down too much as it will keep pulling it in.
Yes, you could mount the large wheels on a longer axle and move them to a mid point with a long tongue to make maneuvering more easy.
BTW: what is the pivoting handle on the side for?

Last edited:

Sawdust

Jim from Kentucky
On my MTD chipper if you have to push the wood into the chipper blade it needs sharpened. When my blade is sharp I have to hold back on the wood to keep it from bogging the engine down too much as it will keep pulling it in.
Yes, you could mount the large wheels on a longer axle and move them to a mid point with a long tongue to make maneuvering more easy.
BTW: what is the pivoting handle on the side for?
It’s a foot lever to dump that end of the cage in case of a clog. It self feeds pretty good a couple times putting some branches in the shredder it wanted to jerk them in but I held them back slightly. It has adjustable doors on the back to allow the mulch to come out sooner if you want larger pieces. If you keep them closed like I did it keeps mulching until it falls out the bottom of the cage in smaller pieces.

Sawdust

Jim from Kentucky
were you able to replace belt with new i have have almost same machine needs new belt
First of all welcome aboard glad to have you. My belt was fine. I just removed it while working on the engine. Do you have your old one to size a new one up.