Loader Bucket

tractor frame would be fine if the loader was used within its limits... most GT loaders are only designed to lift 250-300 lbs.... most frame problems come from operator abuse...... guys hang 300-400 lbs of ballast off the back and try lifting 800-1000 lbs with the bucket.... ya that'll break something. Lol

I seen on a Case site pictures of 600 series tractors lilting snowmobiles with forks on the loader. Fella said the snowmobile was around the 500 to 600 lb mark. I was quite surprised that they could lift that much. But they are a dedicated loader tractor, so built heavier I guess.

Noel

Case 600 series are not garden tractors tho they are Industrial tractors that weigh about 1200 lbs(before ballast) so they would have a higher lift capacity..... but 600 is probably pushing it...... I had a Massey 1010 with Fel which is a 1400 lb tractor and the Rated lift capacity on that fel was only 525 lbs.

Last edited:
Just because someone does something does not mean it is safe and should be recommended to others on an open forum. I have owned at least a dozen loaders and have researched every single one to find the proper specs from the manufacturers.... NO garden tractor should be lifting 1200 lbs.

This is loader Rated for 1250 lbs

international1.JPG

Just because someone does something does not mean it is safe and should be recommended to others on an open forum. I have owned at least a dozen loaders and have researched every single one to find the proper specs from the manufacturers.... NO garden tractor should be lifting 1200 lbs.

This is loader Rated for 1250 lbs

View attachment 51685
You aren't wrong! I have a tendency to push things too far, and have been lucky to survive it thus far.

Hey Ive done my share of stupid human tricks.... but I keep those to myself;) I sell tractors so I have to make sure buyers know the manufacturers rated limits of anything they might buy and I continue that train of thought when Im on these forums. Loaders can be very dangerous and users need to be aware of that fact.

Kenny... your bucket appears to be from a Johnson 10TC which were rated for 300#... that wont hurt Alice at all, you could add maybe 100-150# rear ballast and use a fel quite safely... IF... you wanted to go that route.

The Massey 1010 with buhler 95 fel I had a few years ago came to me in two pieces... the front half, and the back half, the tractor had broke entirely in half, even bust the trans right off of the engine. I have no idea how it happened and there was no saving the tractor but there was alot of $$$ in parts. That bucket was 48" and the fel rated 525#, I sold it for $1200

045.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Ive done my share of stupid human tricks.... but I keep those to myself;) I sell tractors so I have to make sure buyers know the manufacturers rated limits of anything they might buy and I continue that train of thought when Im on these forums. Loaders can be very dangerous and users need to be aware of that fact.

Kenny... your bucket appears to be from a Johnson 10TC which were rated for 300#... that wont hurt Alice at all, you could add maybe 100-150# rear ballast and use a fel quite safely... IF... you wanted to go that route.

The Massey 1010 with buhler 95 fel I had a few years ago came to me in two pieces... the front half, and the back half, the tractor had broke entirely in half, even bust the trans right off of the engine. I have no idea how it happened and there was no saving the tractor but there was alot of $$$ in parts. That bucket was 48" and the fel rated 525#, I sold it for $1200

View attachment 51716
I can't afford the metal to build it now!

This will become a 3-point mounted bucket (Scoop Tote maybe). I trimmed the brackets off.
DSCN0207.JPG DSCN0208.JPG
Got a drawing going to help with the build. That gave me info to get this far.
DSCN0210.JPG DSCN0211.JPG DSCN0212.JPG
DSCN0213.JPG DSCN0214.JPG
I'll build a 3-point attachment off the 2X2X1/4 angle plus a latch mechanism as time allows. Got another build going.

This will become a 3-point mounted bucket (Scoop Tote maybe). I trimmed the brackets off.
View attachment 51802 View attachment 51803
Got a drawing going to help with the build. That gave me info to get this far.
View attachment 51804 View attachment 51805 View attachment 51806
View attachment 51807 View attachment 51808
I'll build a 3-point attachment off the 2X2X1/4 angle plus a latch mechanism as time allows. Got another build going.
That last picture looks like it spent a lot of time at sea.
Don

Back