Loader valve problem

hamman

Tractorologist
Morning all. Looking for some guidance from someone or anyone that may have knowledge of hydraulic valves and repair.
We have a 2012 Kubota B2620 that the loader dump function stopped working. I was using it to move a back blade and the curl down ( dump) function quit working. I have taken it apart down to the valve and tried to remove the spool for that function but it will not come out of the valve body. The spool will spin in the valve body and does move minimally ion the valve body but will not come out to inspect. It feels like the spool is hitting a metal object and stopping in the valve. I have called a dealer service tech and he said that the spool should slide out without a problem.
Quite frustrated over this one. Every other function works but the dump function will not.
Thanks for looking and will welcome any comment s and or ideas.
Hope you all have a great day.
Rioger

Morning all. Looking for some guidance from someone or anyone that may have knowledge of hydraulic valves and repair.
We have a 2012 Kubota B2620 that the loader dump function stopped working. I was using it to move a back blade and the curl down ( dump) function quit working. I have taken it apart down to the valve and tried to remove the spool for that function but it will not come out of the valve body. The spool will spin in the valve body and does move minimally ion the valve body but will not come out to inspect. It feels like the spool is hitting a metal object and stopping in the valve. I have called a dealer service tech and he said that the spool should slide out without a problem.
Quite frustrated over this one. Every other function works but the dump function will not.
Thanks for looking and will welcome any comment s and or ideas.
Hope you all have a great day.
Rioger
It appears to be a problem with some of the Kubota loader valves according to a few threads I found on the web - found these post that may be of interest to you
Kubota B2620 loader valve disassembly

Loader valve problem

Found the attached pdf valve parts list at this link
Kubota Parts Finder Canada - Parts Lookup for Tractors, Mowers & more | Kubota Canada

Does this look like your valve?
Loader Valve Components.jpg

Found

Attachments

• J21800 Loader Valve.pdf
    538.4 KB · Views: 4
I found the problem. The relief valve insert broke and stuck in the spool cavity. Got it out and the spool goes back in , however, the relief valve kit is ............ $ 920.00 for the two relief valves, part number 40 on the breakdown. A whole ready to install valve is $ 1095.00 at one of the shops about 80 miles away. Guess it's jus my luck. New valve in the future maybe or expensive yard art.
Roger

I found the problem. The relief valve insert broke and stuck in the spool cavity. Got it out and the spool goes back in , however, the relief valve kit is ............ $ 920.00 for the two relief valves, part number 40 on the breakdown. A whole ready to install valve is $ 1095.00 at one of the shops about 80 miles away. Guess it's jus my luck. New valve in the future maybe or expensive yard art.
Roger
Always thought that Kubota tractors should have been painted shiny gold anytime I heard prices for repair parts. Wonder if a local hydraulic shop could recommend a generic hydraulic valve that would fit in its place for a tad less green?? Just a thought.

Jumpins that’s hard luck Roger. Maybe install a separate one spool valve for the function. And put the broken one back together. I’m not sure if that would work or not. Just a quick thought I had.

Noel

Do you have any local hydraulic repair shops? I can’t imagine that valve is proprietary to kubota. Well I guess it’s possible but worth a shot

Hydraulic Specs on the kubota B2620. I’m no expert. But it sorta looks like that valve Stew posted might work.

Noel

Attachments

• 2DC56CED-D7F8-4C7F-8C8C-E92BD34EF3DA.png
    2DC56CED-D7F8-4C7F-8C8C-E92BD34EF3DA.png
    326.7 KB · Views: 4
i wonder if that kubota uses some kind of BSP fittings or something. Kubota would have to use something odd
The original Kubota valve probably has fittings that may very well be something odd. Most hydraulic manufacturers offer adaptor fittings in both male and female thread versions so that a hose with one type and thread of fitting can be used in a different thread and style valve. Would have to determine the thread and style and then see how many adaptor fittings would be required and find out the price. Given what the OEM valve is priced at still might save some dollars. Another suggestion might be to see if there are any tractor wreckers that have a similar model tractor with the same loader valve and see if they offer a used valve assembly for sale. Just suggestions that may help the OP save some money. Might even be able to find a machine shop to turn a new relief valve insert and then get the new insert hardened to prevent wear.

Back