Local ploughing match

The Fife Plooman

Tractorologist
Hi this is the first time we attended this ploughing match there were five of us, the comments on the standard of ploughing was great to hear, I managed 2nd for my ploughing and 2nd for my finish, we have two more matches next weekend

Attachments

• Arthur feering.jpg
    Arthur feering.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Irikah and George feering.jpg
    Irikah and George feering.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Robert adjusting.jpg
    Robert adjusting.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Arthur fin ish.jpg
    Arthur fin ish.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Tam Feering.jpg
    Tam Feering.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Tam finish.jpg
    Tam finish.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 16
  • George finish.jpg
    George finish.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 13
Nice ploughing. Can’t get mine that good. Looks a bit wet there. What type of crown do you do at the start.

Noel

We always called that the back furrow, one furrow is threw back over the first. When you end in the middle called it the dead furrow, not further place to go. I enjoy plowing my garden but don't think I would find much entertainment in getting that technical to be judged.

We always called that the back furrow, one furrow is threw back over the first. When you end in the middle called it the dead furrow, not further place to go. I enjoy plowing my garden but don't think I would find much entertainment in getting that technical to be judged.

Like anything, one man's entertainment is another man's bane. Myself, I would love prove my technical prowess at ploughing...if I had any. George, The Fife Plooman has skills and I would love to learn how to do such a proficient job and be proud of it. Being judged is all about proving the skills to one's peers, life is full of that. If not, why would anyone at all ever do amateur sports???? It is the drive to succeed that draws one in.

I have no problem at all with you guys that want to plow competitively. I strive for a quality job of turning the dirt over. Then put the plow away for another year.

Back