Looking for AG / Pioneer / ISO5675 hydraulic couplers?

MacWorld

Tractorologist
After searching a lot over many years (was not really required until now) I finally settled to buy hydraulic quick couplers for my tractor. I wanted those compatible with what John Deere provides on it's small tractors, found out they are sometimes called "Agricultural", "Pioneer style" and their official standard name is ISO 5675 and the size is 1/4". I needed 10 sets with the dust covers for all.

The best place I found was Summit Hydraulics on eBay, here in Canada I didn't find comparable prices, closest being Princess Auto but the final price I got for 10 sets on eBay with tax, shipping and duty fees is the same as the price before taxes and shippin at Princess Auto!

So may be it can help someone looking for this also, here is the kit I bought.
2 Sets of 1/4” NPT ISO 5675 Ag Hydraulic Quick Connect Pioneer Style Couplers 765552692690 | eBay

Obviously they are also available as single sets, for other sizes and other connections (NPT, ORB).

Nice haul there! I need some of those!

Quite less expensive for those of you that are in the US! Only down side, you don't get the dust caps.

As for out of the US, eBay's Global Shipping Program (or Amazon, they have something similar) works so well without any surprise duty/administrative fees that I never consider buying elsewhere when it's from the US, been screwed too many times. It always got more expensive when considering the shipping (often higher) and those unpredictable duty/administrative fees asked by the carrier.

My experience with JD is they always have to have something different. I have pulled many tool bars for anhydrous application to farmers with standard Pioneer couplers, only to find the customer was going to use it on a JD and needed the adapters. Most of the time we told them to go buy a set of adapters so you have them, we use the industry standard. When we provided the adapters they usually didn't get returned with the tool bar.

Are you talking about the weird taper looking coupler that seems to be called "old style" ? John Deere RE11447? Those are indeed weird couplers.

As for the ones that are on many small garden tractor they are ISO-5675, those are the couplers "specific" for agricultural use. There are other standards like ISO-7241-A and ISO-7241-B but those seem more used in industrial uses. Also there are the ISO-16028, often called Flat Face that seem used on skid steers and other machinery.

As for everything there is always many standard, you simply have to think about the electrical outlets standards, here we use NEMA but on the remainder of the planet there are many other standards, all of them with advantages and disadvantages. Even the NEMA 5-15 we all use daily is not as advanced compared to the Europlug since (quote of Wikipedia) : "no live conductive parts are accessible while the plug is inserted into each type of socket"

Now, as far as I know the ISO-5675 is not a odd ball coupler only for JD, it also seems to be used by other brands as Honda and Kubota at least.

I might be wrong in what I said, those are my observations from a lot of searches, hydraulics is not my field of expertise!

Wasn't hardly any of the "Foreign" built tractors around when I was working for the AG/Chem companies. Most were Red, Green, AC Orange, etc. most farmers had had a mix. You could easily be right on the Honda and Kubota having the 5675 fittings.

Back