Lucas Oil Treatment

chieffan

Tractorologist
I have a Bolens G 11 with an 11 hp Briggs horizontal shaft that smoke like a banche. Haven't run it much so not sure where the oil is getting into the cylinder at. I my add a cup full or so of the Lucas Oil Treatment to the oil and see what that does. MMO in the gas, strong shot won't hurt either. Will try about anything before I tear it down. Sure want to save it being a horizontal shaft and 11 hp. Anything that size and up is getting real hard to come buy. Lot of horders out theree that are buying up all they can find, especially Wisconsin and Kohler hoping to strike it rich down the road.

I don't search old engines out, but I do have several put aside I've accumulated over the years. Got a Briggs model 14, another model 14R6, Briggs 8hp, Briggs 10hp, a couple Kohler K301's, TEC 4hp, military 4 cylinder, and probably a couple more I've forgotten....all horizontal. Oh, and a couple Onans.

I have a Bolens G 11 with an 11 hp Briggs horizontal shaft that smoke like a banche. Haven't run it much so not sure where the oil is getting into the cylinder at. I my add a cup full or so of the Lucas Oil Treatment to the oil and see what that does. MMO in the gas, strong shot won't hurt either. Will try about anything before I tear it down. Sure want to save it being a horizontal shaft and 11 hp. Anything that size and up is getting real hard to come buy. Lot of horders out theree that are buying up all they can find, especially Wisconsin and Kohler hoping to strike it rich down the road.
Had a snowblower with a small Tecumseh that smoked like train and added Lucas to it and it helped a bunch.

Also had a work van (E350) with a 170k on it and it barely moved (trans). Had the filter and oil changed with the Lucas transmission stuff put in and ran another 20k till I retired.
Still running ? No clue,don't care... ;)

Not saying Lucas is some miracle cure but these were two things I seen.

I run a 8 bale accumulator behind my small square baler years ago. Pump was driven off the baler flywheel. When it got real hot in the afternoon the push over ram would start to slow down and mess up the timing of everything. Put Lucas Hydraulic Oil Treatment and the problem went away.

I've never hoarded briggs. Tecumseh on the other hand....

Hm80, hs50 and h50 with lighten coils are my thing. I have several of those laying around

Someday you should hoard the brand-new still in the box H40 I have! Never been started---LOL!

I've heard a lot of good things about Lucas, and maybe someday I'll get some engine oil additive. I did try some gear treatment that was also supposed to help with leaks. I think the leaks slowed but didn't stop. The rear seal in the '55 GMC leaks a bit.

DAC

Someday you should hoard the brand-new still in the box H40 I have! Never been started---LOL!

I've heard a lot of good things about Lucas, and maybe someday I'll get some engine oil additive. I did try some gear treatment that was also supposed to help with leaks. I think the leaks slowed but didn't stop. The rear seal in the '55 GMC leaks a bit.

DAC

If it was an hs40 from the early 70s id be interested. It would fit perfectly in a rupp minibike

DAC
Yea I don't think Lucas is a miracle cure either..
More of a last resort... Does have it's places.

Yea I don't think Lucas is a miracle cure either..
More of a last resort... Does have it's places.

Agreed, don't think there are any miracle cure additives that can replace rubber gone in seals or metal missing where a seal should ride!
I should have said rear transmission seal! SM420 4speed. I re-sealed the differential a couple years ago.

DAC

one tractor I redid has an old 143402, I just did a basic tune up and head decarbon, it runs fine but smokes bad, because it's such a limited use show tractor and I didn't feel like tearing it down to replace the rings I used Lucas in it. It cleared up all the smoke.

as for old engines, I but any small kohler k90-k181 that's priced cheap, they seem to be climbing up in value

Kind of like buy these old Garden Tractors. People want that flashy plastic throw away stuff any more.

Back