Lucky Score

chieffan

Tractorologist
Last winter I picked up a 2 bottom plow I planned to us on my CUT. Plow was to large physically for the tractor so it goes to the spring consignment auction locally. Yesterday morning I was browsing CL for plow and ran across a for sale ad for a Briley, never used, $75. I jumped right on it and going after it this morning. From the photos it has been allowed to rust up the bottom and coulter but that can be cleaned up. Hitch does not show any paint wear nor does anything else. Even if it is a used complete plow it is worth a lot more than $75. Several years ago I picked one up from from a scrap pile for $50 from a friend, cleaned it up, painted it and sold it for $150 and I know they are going for over $200 in this area - when you happen to find one. I had a nice one set up on a tractor and sold both pieces together to help finance the purchase of a CUT with loader. Now I have a plow back and tractor to put it on. Not the CUT but a Bolen G16 LT that has a sleeve hitch tiller on it now.

Last winter I picked up a 2 bottom plow I planned to us on my CUT. Plow was to large physically for the tractor so it goes to the spring consignment auction locally. Yesterday morning I was browsing CL for plow and ran across a for sale ad for a Briley, never used, $75. I jumped right on it and going after it this morning. From the photos it has been allowed to rust up the bottom and coulter but that can be cleaned up. Hitch does not show any paint wear nor does anything else. Even if it is a used complete plow it is worth a lot more than $75. Several years ago I picked one up from from a scrap pile for $50 from a friend, cleaned it up, painted it and sold it for $150 and I know they are going for over $200 in this area - when you happen to find one. I had a nice one set up on a tractor and sold both pieces together to help finance the purchase of a CUT with loader. Now I have a plow back and tractor to put it on. Not the CUT but a Bolen G16 LT that has a sleeve hitch tiller on it now.
Sounds like a good road trip.

Back