Made a Couple Tools

chieffan

Tractorologist
Between tracking Santa on NORAD and reading I decided I needed to make this mini screwdriver. I need to adjust the pilot needle on a MIKUNI carb in a Polaris Ranger I been working on. There is about 2" of free space between the bottom of the carb and that access port for this adjusting needle. Have several of the small pocket screwdriver around so cut the end off on for the "handle" about 1/2" long. Cut the blade end off the shaft about 1 - 1/2" long. JBWeld the blade end into the hole of the handle and let it set up. The remainder of the shaft I pointed for a mini point, just in case I need a small one some time. Next time I get the Ranger out and warmed up good I might be able to adjust that pilot needle so it smooths out a lot better and will idle. Don't do either one good right now.
SAM_0896.JPG

Those screw drivers have a million and 1 uses. I carry one underground that I removed the magnet and put a striker flint in its place. Always have a striker!

What year ranger you working on?

I thought they were only fuel injected.

Those screw drivers have a million and 1 uses. I carry one underground that I removed the magnet and put a striker flint in its place. Always have a striker!

What year ranger you working on?

I thought they were only fuel injected.

Early models were all carburated up through 2009 I believe it was. The 4X4, 4X6 and 6X6 all had the Mikuni carbs. Only thing adjustable on them is cable length and idle speed, unless one get brave and drills out a brass plug. These are the UTV models, (Utility Task Vehicles) not the atv's.

Back