Miata.

4getgto

Bill from Northampton County, Pennsylvania
This is my wife's car...though I get the the privilege ( :rolleyes: )of keeping it maintained and cleaned up. Its a 1995 5/speed model with 56k miles. It is a convertible but usually just keep the hard top on. And yes it does have air. We've had it 11-12 years. Don't use it much, just a summer play car. Actually just getting it cleaned up to put away for winter..
2021-09-26_12-07-55_877.jpg

These cars have gone up in value quite a bit in the right circles. Especially with the factory hard top!

1.6 or 1.8?

I'd love to find a 1.8 to play with. A guy local to me has a built 1.8 with a turbo that's putting out 450hp. Thing is an absolute monster. Most around here are rusted apart and people have them listed for 4 to 6. Clean ones listed closer to 10.

Good example. Rusted and beat 3500. Cheapest I've seen recently.

Last edited:
This is my wife's car...though I get the the privilege ( :rolleyes: )of keeping it maintained and cleaned up. Its a 1995 5/speed model with 56k miles. It is a convertible but usually just keep the hard top on. And yes it does have air. We've had it 11-12 years. Don't use it much, just a summer play car. Actually just getting it cleaned up to put away for winter..
View attachment 42930
Love the Grill.. Buddy of mine had a Miata. He had put a Ford 302 engine in it. I believe it had the ford automatic in it also.

After looking closely at the photo I have to ask, when was the last time it's been to the dentist? I see some plaque forming.
Neat car!
The teeth are made from white vinyl J channel. I cut them out using a template I made. Got the idea from pictures I seen in a magazine once. But yeah you got to get the tooth bush out every once in a while.

They improved the looks of these when they got rid of the inclosed headlights. That looks like a fun weekend rider. I like that grille too.

They had a some special edition Miata at the Mazda dealer when we bought the wife's Mazda CX-5. Neat looking car. It was orange with black rims, interior, and black graphics. Someone special ordered it, sticker price was over 50k. Looked like alot fun. Cool looking car.
Her SUV is great too. Definitely would buy another mazda for her

I stay away from the brands that I don't have service for within 1/2 hours drive. My local go to mechanic has been with Gm & Ford for many years and knows how to save a buck when he can. Last time my truck was in for brake work he found the pumpkin cover had a rusted hole in it & dripping oil. Cleaned it up good, found more holes and brazed them shut. $80 for a new cover.

Yep, a kid car for sure. Carolyn had a little Pontiac some thing or other at one time. I drove it one time. Could not get used to that quick steering and road like a lumber wagon. Kind of like sitting on a skate board to drive it. Never got it it again after the one ordeal. I'll take my Avalanche over most of these new cars today.

Back