Cat385B

Knighted as Sir Cat, Vanquisher of Spam
Staff member
Finally got the last of my parts in the mail yesterday, so the head gasket replacement in the diesel of my Bolens G152 starts tonight. New head gasket, new water pump and belt, and new exhaust. Got the parts from Southern Global in Missouri.

Never been this deep into an engine before, this should be interesting.

Hours on engine are unknown, no meter. Best guess is around 1,500-2,000.

I forgot this was the start of MEA. (Teacher's union conference) So, haunted hayride instead of engine work.

Here ya go, Kenny.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks! Never seen one of those before!

:hitting_self_roller:

The darn water pump is broken. Spinning the shaft doesn't turn the vanes inside, but I can't pull the shaft out? WTH?

image.jpgimage.jpg

I installed the new water pump and stopped there. Slapped it back together enough to run it and all seems well.

Possible it was blowing water out the overflow due to the non working water pump (hot), and the PO thought compression was blowing the water out.  Hope this is the case, and no gasket replacement is needed.

A few hours on it since then and all is well. Next up, replace fuel lines. I had one leaking at the injector, and cutting it and re-attaching split it some more. Darn stuff just doesn't last, I guess.

:angry:

Here's to hoping the next ones last 39 years!  :thThumbsUp-1:

Cute water pump! That injector pump looks huge!

The dealership, the brand, and the partnership have all gone under.........

Yrs ago the landscaper I worked for had a commercial mower with a Mitsubishi engine in it, the starter when bad, they said they wanted $750. for a new one, he couldn't find anyone to rebuild it, so he scraped the machine.

Yrs ago the landscaper I worked for had a commercial mower with a Mitsubishi engine in it, the starter when bad, they said they wanted $750. for a new one, he couldn't find anyone to rebuild it, so he scraped the machine.

750???.  Holy Crap

Back