More Uses For This Hard Working Johnny Bucket JR

GT48DXLS

Tractorologist
I thought I'd share with the group and those who are possibly considering the Johnny Bucket JR, what I've been working on and how well this bucket still works after 4 years +, in my opinion, it's well worth the money. If you are thinking of the JBJR for your Husqvarna, Craftsman, Jonsered model with the pan chassis, please take note as to how to reinforce the chassis for front end attachments and their reliable use. I have a post here on the subject that you can get ideas from, and with lots of pictures, plus if you are doing this project, feel free to message me with questions, glad to help someone get their tractor to the next level of work. It's been worth it, I have 450 hrs on my Garden Tractor as of today, and 387 hrs on the modified chassis. This build was done at 63 hrs.

This is the 200 hr build update,

I'm finishing my horse fence (Bekert), the last 32 feet to the house. 32 feet and 5 foot elevation drop, I'll be terracing the side yard with short concrete retaining walls and make the cuts with the JBJR. The pictures are the first days start to this project. There will be 3 "H" brace sections and on top, 1, 4 foot "H" brace with Black 4 foot man gate.

The blue level is 8 feet long and has been invaluable in all sorts of projects, and here it shows level.

IMG_2172.JPG

IMG_2174.JPG

IMG_2169.JPG

There is still a place for the Garden Tractor if you have a few acres, very helpful tool around the property.

GT

Good to see all the work you put into the Husky is panning out for you. I was feeling bad for you when the frame wasn't holding up and Husqvarna would not help you. I still can't believe that frame only weighed 26 lbs. and they spec'd it to hold up.

I appreciate that Cvans. I did not even know the Johnny Bucket existed till I saw it on this site......... But now that I know of it, I think it would be perfect for some of the things I want to do.

I am going to look at the way the bucket brackets, bolt on to the frame. Then maybe add something to help with stiffness in the area.
Worst case scenario I tweak it and need to beef up the frame for good, like GT48DXLS.

Back