Mounting up the Snowblower

cjet69

Tractorologist
Is it to early to mount up the Snowblower? I wanted to check out the belts and idlers on the blower in case something needs replacing and give the Craftsman a good once over before mounting things up. The craftsman fired up after a bit of cranking and seems to be running pretty good. Took the Gator up to the barn and loaded up the Blower to bring down to the shop. Tomorrow I'll get it unloaded and checked over after some cleaning. The birds left their signature on it so it needs a good pressure wash. This isn't like me to start prepping so far in advance.

Attachments

• 100_6790-m.JPG
    100_6790-m.JPG
    291.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_6791-m.JPG
    100_6791-m.JPG
    277.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_6792-m.JPG
    100_6792-m.JPG
    222.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_6793-m.JPG
    100_6793-m.JPG
    296.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_6794-m.JPG
    100_6794-m.JPG
    282.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_6795-m.JPG
    100_6795-m.JPG
    353.9 KB · Views: 11
Is it to early to mount up the Snowblower? I wanted to check out the belts and idlers on the blower in case something needs replacing and give the Craftsman a good once over before mounting things up. The craftsman fired up after a bit of cranking and seems to be running pretty good. Took the Gator up to the barn and loaded up the Blower to bring down to the shop. Tomorrow I'll get it unloaded and checked over after some cleaning. The birds left their signature on it so it needs a good pressure wash. This isn't like me to start prepping so far in advance.
You have really been motivated this year CJet! Those damm birds need to get ate by cats or something! I really developed a dislike at my former job. There was no handrail or surface that they hadn't bombed! Looks like geese got your equipment!

Do you run those weights without tire chains? I just plow so not much experience with tractor mounted blowers or throwers. I have one out back that I never put on the MF12G. Should at least put myself in the middle of a self-induced blizzard out here once in my life---LOL! Wind is why I don't have much interest in blowing snow. The walk behind for the patio and sidewalks p!$$ me off enough!

DAC

Years of procrastination has caught up with me so I've been forced to get them done now. The birds responsible for this are the Barn Swallows. They camp out or build a nest above stuff in the barn and in no time leave a pile several inches deep.

I've gotten by without chains since we got this blower setup on the tractor. It would spin quite often when I had no weights. Added the wheel weights and it was better but would still spin in really wet snow. We then added the rear weights which is an old cable operated weight system with nine 10lb. weights and rarely spin a tire now. Our Driveway is flat except for a little slope in the front parking/turn around area. I can drive this blower down the sidewalk out to the shop as long as I make sure to pick up everything before the snow falls. I can see where a cab would be really nice to have.

I had an older one like that I had on a small craftsman, ended up welding the frame pockets so watch them. Once I got my suburban in 2011 and built my winch/plow mount, I've never mounted the blower again. I also moved to the house with a gravel driveway so blower wasn't the best choice.
Hope you get to use it, I guess LOL, I hate snow.

I had an older one like that I had on a small craftsman, ended up welding the frame pockets so watch them. Once I got my suburban in 2011 and built my winch/plow mount, I've never mounted the blower again. I also moved to the house with a gravel driveway so blower wasn't the best choice.
Hope you get to use it, I guess LOL, I hate snow.
We have a gravel driveway also. I welded some 1.5" flat bar to the shoes to float the blower over the top without sinking in. Before I added that to the shoes I would just cringe at the sound every time it sank in. Its like finger nails on a chalkboard. I still like the snow though we don't usually get more than a couple rounds a winter.

When my wife decides to throw out old rugs I grab them and cover things like the standby generator and snowblower. Keeps them clean and makes working with them a lot nicer.
Your idea of getting things ready ahead of time is a good one. I need to do the same thing. Thanks for the reminder.
I'm usually out in the snow trying to get the tractor with a dead battery and water in the carb running. Covering the blower in the barn would be smart.

That was some fast delivery, CJet!

Although I really don't want to blow snow with a tractor, I had the stuff to put on a mid 2000's Craftsman garden tractor. Got a complete blower and plow blade from scrap where I used to work. Loree's uncle decided to haul 3 LT's to my place since he knows I tend to hoard things. When he was dumping them behind the shop with his tilt bed trailer, he spotted the blower and blade. Wanted to know if I would get rid of them. I told him we will load them on the trailer right now! Did that and he said "I'll give you this trailer for them, just come down and get it. He lives 75 miles south. He has a couple other trailers. Not really big enough for cars although he did use it for that at times. He mounted that stuff on an old Ariens he has. I knew getting a trailer would get me in trouble, hauling even more junk home. One of the first things I got was a 1969 JD110. The woman that had it listed for a hundred bucks said it you have room and can figure out how to load it, take that tractor in the garage too. 2006 Craftsman GT5000. Niether tractor ran. Those implements that I traded for the trailer would have fit the GT5000---LOL! Oh well it mows good at least!

Another long dumb story---sorry!

DAC

Back