Mower Deck Maintenance Tip

larrybl

Tractorologist
Getting close to that time of year again, Thought I would post a tip to help save your mower deck shell. Most of the components such as belts, blades, and bearings, can be replaced or repaired, but the deck shell is often NLA or very expensive. Here is my recommendation for Deck Shell Maintenance.

Getting close to that time of year again, Thought I would post a tip to help save your mower deck shell. Most of the components such as belts, blades, and bearings, can be replaced or repaired, but the deck shell is often NLA or very expensive. Here is my recommendation for Deck Shell Maintenance.

Great informative video, Larry! One thing I have always done too is blow all the clippings, especially if damp off the top of the deck after every mow. Om the 1975 MF 12G, the pulley covers had to be removed too as they would trap so many twigs and grass clippings would pack in there that belts would start to burn rubbing against that stuff!

That deck you showed does look like brand new yet with the maintenance you do!

Thanks for the video.

DAC

I didn't mention the top, but yes, do not leave clippings there, and I hate the full deck belt covers. My video was a follow up to under the deck maintenance response to Garden Tractor Boy's recent video. Clippings left under the deck can cause rot too.

I'm not good at understanding British accents, but I want to adopt that kid! Very cool to see a young-un working on stuff like that!

Thanks for that video, Larry!

DAC

Back