Mowing with the Country Squire

MNGB

Tractorologist
Completed the first mowing of the season with the Country Squire and Simplicity deck, not totally happy with the results, it was cutting low and uneven. So got down and and did some serious checking seems the LH blade runs higher than the center & RH one and even tough I had raise the deck it was still to lower then what I want. Tomorrow will remove the deck and check things out and make some adjustments. Another thing is its requiring much more power than it did last summer when mowing with the Allis deck ut this could because its cutting to low, the white deck is the Allis deck

20220927_145335.jpg42 in deck installed a ready.jpg

I got the GT5000 adjusted finally to cut similar to the MF12G at 3-4" The gauge on the GT5000 actually says 3-1/2 although the sticker is badly faded. The MF12G is on the highest settings the roller can do and cuts 3-4". Pretty hard to measure the grass though---LOL!

DAC

Had my Case 224 out the other day and cut the grass for the first time. My rust repair on the deck worked out great. Cuts good. But, I had a low left rear tire so that sorta made it cut a little low on the left side. And I had moved the height adjustment for the wheels and couldn’t remember where it was set. So I’m guessing one hole to low. So I’ll fix those things up and see next time how it goes.

Noel

The 48"deck for my DA 916 cuts on par with my ZT and the ZT is a electric adjustable. I have a 42" for my 7012 that is adjusted close. Some blades are on a straight plane and some have a hump in the middle, so check sure all blades are the same.

Thanks Rad, yes I checked the blade all are the same and with the deck off and turned up to see what I was doing the measurements came out the same. I also learned a few things this afternoon first the deck settled for some reason and was cutting way to low and I know that is a cause for requiring more power, 2nd the hitch / adjustment I'm using (same as the OEM Power King) has some drawn backs one being as the "L" bars are raised or lowered to adjust cut height it also has an effect on the belt tensioning , Away way this afternoon I adjusted the clevis ends that attach the bail to the front hitch arms this made a big difference in the cutting height, tomorrow I have to adjust the "L" bars to the proper height and then I should be able to set the cutting height using the aft roller adjustments, tomorrow will tell the story. If that doesn't work to my satisfaction I'm going to plan "B" and that will work as it is basically the same as what I used last year

The GT 54 deck on my Cub does not carry on the frame work. It rides the on the ground with 5" ball wheels on the 4 corners with an anti scalp roller center deck front and back. The 1/4" front low is built in to the height adjustment which is a bolt through the deck wheel legs. Makes a lot quieter running deck as it is always on the ground when mowing.

Got the deck set to the height I wanted and its working like it should went out and cut grass with it and it looking good, what I cut earlier is looking ok now that I took a better look at it so next time around we'll see how things look

Back