Wanted MTD 960 Clutch

Lance Skene

Alberta, Canada
I know some of you 990 owners often have 960s as parts machines... so if you have clutch disc's and/or pressure plates in good cond I'd be interested in buying them.

002.JPG027.JPG

Ive been all over the net the last couple days and nothing is turning up, Im sure the pressure plates can be turned on a lathe to get a new smooth finish but I think they might then be too thin and possibly flex... might have to get creative... any ideas??

028.JPG

Cubs only have 3 guide holes and the center hole is larger so there is actually less surface area being used, plus the center of the outer steel pressure plates are smaller because the use a smaller shaft.

001.JPG

First thing I did was compare with a Cub set up I have on the shelf.... its not much help

005.JPG

Startin to think I might have to get new pressure plates machined.... ne1 else need a pair?

I found a machine shop that is willing to reproduce the pressure plates if anyone wants a set.... can also look into doing Cub Cadet plates if someone is interested in getting those from a canadian supplier

Back