Mulching mower converson

Wow! 2" is short. Around here 3 1/2" to 4" is recommended. Remember, longer grass shades out the weeds.
An issue with older mower decks like is on Wheel Horse is, they often cut at a maximum of 2 1/2 to 2 3/4. Changing the guide wheels for bigger ones helps.
Yea my FIL's theory is you mow shorter so you don't have to mow as often..! He shaves his grass he doesn't mow it...

Ha!! There's a word that!! SCALP!

My neighbor who I believe hates his life more than his lawn scalps his lawn all the time. What used to be a nice lawn before he moved in is now a creeping charlie and dandelion scalp-fest.

That should have been 3". Must have hit the wrong key. 2' would be golf course green. Sorry for the confusion.
Ever wonder why all the decks can be set to scalp but not mow in the 3-4" range and do a good job? Decks are so shallow they don't allow for any lifting of the grass.

Ha!! There's a word that!! SCALP!

My neighbor who I believe hates his life more than his lawn scalps his lawn all the time. What used to be a nice lawn before he moved in is now a creeping charlie and dandelion scalp-fest.

You could have my neighbor whose property is attached to the left of mine. He sets his zero turn to scalp, then cuts at full speed! dirt, rocks, and grass fly!

The neighbor to the right down the hill has an opposite theory. He just cuts once a month. Then he just mows around his garbage piles and leaves 4 foot weeds growing around it all.

Back