My 1967 Sears/Craftsman Lawn Tractor Projects....

Lets get back to the electric start power unit, and unfortunately no it is still not done yet. October 17th 2020, the left fender seat and battery box are put on.
tractor 1.jpegtractor 2.jpeg

Well, after seeing how good my stepdads tractor engine came out and how mine looked like crap compared to his I decided to do mine too. Soo much for JUST a front grille scratch repair and repaint. November 6th 2020, my engine was taken off the tractor and placed here. I think I'm goin' alittle overboard but it'll be worth it in the long run for me because it'll be like I want it.

Before pictures.......
tractor 4.jpeg before 1.jpegtractor 5.jpeg

Last edited:
Also painted the pulley gray also while I was at it,. I already sanded it before I taped it off and painted the engine.....

tractor 8.jpeg

The finished product, after some thought I decided that I am going to ceramic coat the muffler so it stays white instead of burning off.....

after 1.jpegafter 2.jpegafter 3.jpeg

November 6th 2020,

I decided that while I have the engine off anyways, and not to mention I messed up and sprayed some yellow paint to my starter generator that I would paint that too. Plus and a 3rd reason is because it had some chipped paint spots. I decided instead of unbolting and taking the heavy generator off I would paint it right on the tractor, and that is what I did. On November 6th 2020, I taped off anything and everything so no black paint would get on the yellow like I originally did......

Before the tape.....

generator 1.jpeggenerator 2.jpeggenerator 3.jpeg

With all the tape and outside with a coat of paint on it already....... Well folks that is all for tonight, please stay tuned until next time. I really do appreciate everyone who is following these builds, it means a lot. Thanks!

generator 4.jpeggenerator 5.jpeg

Last edited:
You are doing a really nice job on these tractors! Good attention to detail. They will look great at a show!

DAC

Thank you very much for the compliment sir, it really means a lot. We try our best. I TRULY believe these 2 will capture A LOT of attention at shows especially parked side by side next to each other.

Hey Y'all,

I'm back with an update on my electric start Craftsman Power Unit. On November 9th 2020 I figured I would clean the frame where the engine goes before I put the engine back on, now low and behold I found more problems with the paint work. It was bubbled, so that said I scraped the paint and sanded it down to repaint it.

tractor 1.jpegtractor 2.jpeg

November 10th 2020, painted the bad paint spot and then some that I wanted painted. This is the tractors current state, the only thing I did was take off the tensioner pulley to repaint it other than that I have not done anything to it since. A little at a time, until next time please stay tuned......

tractor 3.jpegtractor 4.jpeg

Covering all the bases! What's the car behind the tractor, Eric?

DAC

Well not really covering bases, just fixing stuff that does not set well with me. I just want it to be right as possible. Regarding the car, it is a C-body platform Mopar Mr. DAC, the big boats/land yachts from back in the day. It's a 1967 Plymouth Fury II 2-door Sedan with a 440 big block stroked to 520". The color is KK1 Light Turquoise Poly. The car believe it or not took 20 years to complete, yes this is true. Hopefully my tractor wont take that long ;). We have not taken it down the 1/4 mile but its pretty fast, put it this way it will do a burnout without even trying. Another one of my step-father's and I's obsessions is cars by the way. Here is a picture of the car at a show.....

20200927_140610.jpg

Here are a couple pictures in the driveway....
20200517_181149.jpg20200517_161331.jpg

Well not really covering bases, just fixing stuff that does not set well with me. I just want it to be right as possible. Regarding the car, it is a C-body platform Mopar Mr. DAC, the big boats/land yachts from back in the day. It's a 1967 Plymouth Fury II 2-door Sedan with a 440 big block stroked to 520". The color is KK1 Light Turquoise Poly. The car believe it or not took 20 years to complete, yes this is true. Hopefully my tractor wont take that long ;). We have not taken it down the 1/4 mile but its pretty fast, put it this way it will do a burnout without even trying. Another one of my step-father's and I's obsessions is cars by the way. Here is a picture of the car at a show.....

View attachment 31620

Here are a couple pictures in the driveway....
View attachment 31621View attachment 31622

I have actually liked those big old "boats" better than the smaller muscle cars! Probably since my Mom drove a '63 Impala about the time I started being addicted to cars. Those 2 door post Fury's are pretty rare as as far as I know! That's got to be a real fun sleeper. Don't feel bad about the time frame long as it got done. i have a truck project that's over 16 years now, and it won't be near as clean as your Fury when done! Great car!

Oh yeah----I dig those steelies on the rear!

DAC

Hey Y'all, I'm back with an update on the electric start power unit tractor. December 4th 2020, I painted the pulley to the starter generator and the lever to secure the deck.
20201204_162017.jpg20201204_141118.jpg

December 13th 2020, I personally painted the grill letters with gloss black spray paint and a little paint brush.....
20201213_152620.jpg20201213_152545.jpg

Would anyone know where I can get new limited slips like the black things in the picture, Tractor Supply or Home Depot maybe? I would like to get the same size as the one in the picture, any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.....
20201213_174227.jpg

Back