My '74 JD 112

KennyP

In memory of Alice's Creator
Staff member
Found this sitting not far from the house this Spring. Been working on it off & on since. Got it looking decent now and running great. Best part is the electric lift works great and it has the JD Integral hitch on it. One of these days, I need to pull the rear end and put new axle seals in the 4-speed tranny. I painted the seat yesterday with Krylon Fusion paint to make it look better, I'll replace it sometime!
DSCN4078.JPG DSCN4079.JPG

Found this sitting not far from the house this Spring. Been working on it off & on since. Got it looking decent now and running great. Best part is the electric lift works great and it has the JD Integral hitch on it. One of these days, I need to pull the rear end and put new axle seals in the 4-speed tranny. I painted the seat yesterday with Krylon Fusion paint to make it look better, I'll replace it sometime!
View attachment 3209 View attachment 3210

Looks like a pretty useful machine. Are these the JD;s that use a variable speed pulley like the MF Vari-Speed? The belt and lever configuration looks like it may be. Do you have attachments?

DAC

Looks like a pretty useful machine. Are these the JD;s that use a variable speed pulley like the MF Vari-Speed? The belt and lever configuration looks like it may be. Do you have attachments?

DAC
I don't have a deck for it, but can use any sleeve hitch attachment that the electric lift will work with. Here's the hitch:
DSCN3758.JPG

I think the manual PTO is all there, including the pulleys for a deck.

DAC
They do have the variable pulleys, the 110, 112 and all the early 200 series have the variator.

That's a thought! I think member grnspot110 has/had one painted like that.

Last edited:
Back