My Daughters mower and more.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
Last week my daughter is up to her neck with troubles. First her lawn mower would not start and she had let the lawn get way ahead of where she should have. But in her defence she is working from home now and doing nearly double the hours that she did when she was going into the office. Then she drove to a park on the north side of her town for a date. When it was time to leave her car would not start.

Ally yes she has called me Ally since grade school for some reason and I have never minded. Help me, I am nearly a days drive to get to her home so I tell her to have the CRV Honda towed to the dealer or a repair shop she may know of.

That done tackle the mower. I filled it full of gas last fall so don't under stand what is wrong, she said ? Well what kind of gas did you fill it full of I asked. From the quick stop near by. Was it REC gas non ethnoal? don't think so.

OK use a turkey baster and get all that gas out of the tank go to a auto parts store and buy a can of VP fuel fix Medic in a can. Pour it in the mower prime it and may be pull it over and let it set 24 hours.

24 hours later she tells me the mower still won't start so I tell her to see if the shop where she bought her snow blower had a person that does house calls.
Next morning she said she went back out that evening and the mower started. Guess it took a bit longer than 24 hours more like 36 hours but at least it did start with out a huge cost. Not sure what the turkey baster she bought cost to remove the old gas nor what the medic in a can cost there but was way cheaper than a house call or a pick up fix and return would have.

I do think I now have it impressed in her mind not to just buy gas for her small engine stuff. Only buy REC gas or some type of canned stuff for storage.

Al

Back