My new hauler

good luck with it.... at least it isn't an 04-08 5.4..... if I never see another one of those that would be fantastic......
I have reluctantly starting to look around for another one..... mine have been good to me but I'm seeing signs that it might be time.....

Smaller in size but a little bit of a step up in branding. Does it have a ball built in? Plan to pull a heavy trailer? Lot of engine for a little truck if not.

It's a 3/4ton like the dodge, it has a gooseneck but I don't plan on using it, it will pull my 16ft brimar, need the motor on the hills around here, 1/2ton wouldn't suit me, I have a subaru forester that's my daily driver.

It's a 3/4ton like the dodge, it has a gooseneck but I don't plan on using it, it will pull my 16ft brimar, need the motor on the hills around here, 1/2ton wouldn't suit me, I have a subaru forester that's my daily driver.
Also, gvw is the same. 8800, the old extended cab was nice but the short bed and cap were a pain, this truck seems better on fuel as well, 8mpg was normal with the dodge.

I've so been looking at getting an older Outback,....lift, AT tires, make it a rally type car.

I seen one of those at the mall the other day. It was around a 2015 or so. I think it was a crosstrek model. I am not familiar at all with Subaru products. It looked awesome. It had BFG KOs on it and nice wheels. I never owned a Subaru before but in that moment I really thought I could drive that daily.

I wonder how they cope with the larger tires, lost of gearing, and higher center of gravity..

I seen one of those at the mall the other day. It was around a 2015 or so. I think it was a crosstrek model. I am not familiar at all with Subaru products. It looked awesome. It had BFG KOs on it and nice wheels. I never owned a Subaru before but in that moment I really thought I could drive that daily.

I wonder how they cope with the larger tires, lost of gearing, and higher center of gravity..
Mine is stock, but they are quite capable in stock form

Mine is stock, but they are quite capable in stock form

I've been wanting to get rid of my jeep and get into something a bit more comfortable and easier on gas. I love my jeep but 16 to 18mpg gets old. Plus the comfort factor, jeep isn't bad but it will beat your guts in on a rough road, and it just isn't that much fun to drive for more than an hour. Maybe I'm getting weak...

I still want enough room to be able to put fishing poles and other stuff in it, and still be able to crawl around to some strip pits.

I looked into the Crosstrek, 25k OTD, 700 dollar 1.5" lift and 215/75/15s with nice wheels is another 700. I'd like to drive one.

Last edited:
Back