My New Mower.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
Commercial grade walk behind Bunton. Company was bought by BobCat as I under stand now.
It has a 44 or 48 inch deck, 14hp manual start Kohler engine and the reason it is now mine.
I have had to work on it before to get it to start the former owner is a run them dry guy with nothing in the fuel. In every case I have had to remove the float bowl and free up the valve and seat which had the float stuck.

I finally got him to use stabuil in it, but of course if a little (per the bottle label.) is good more is better. Then you incounter a sand like substance that clogs up the filter and valve in seat.

He only used it a couple times a year since 2006 to mow paths along side the rented out field and thru the woods where he can't get his compact Ford and brush hog.

I plan on useing it to mow along out new fence line. We finally got the last post set in place yesterday in the morning.

Also will mow the paths thry the field the pups and i walk.

:D Al

dodge trucker

Tractorologist
Looks like one of my old ones. I had bought a 48 incher without an engine, at the time I had an 18hp Briggs L head twin here sitting around so I put the 2 together, that thing would go thru about anything. But was too big for my needs so I sold it, a Mexican guy who had a mowing business gave me good money for it.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
Had time to fool with it a little bit today. I don't think it is getting spark. I have a feeling it is the saftey switch that works to have the trans shifted in Netural to start.

Propane1

Tractorologist
Ya poncho, I seen one at our local John Deere dealer in the used section. More than ten years ago now. It was sitting beside a National.
Wish I had a picture.

Noel

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
I checked the safety switch for the trans yesterday and it is working fine.
Still don't know if I have spark at the plug yet, I really dislike my spark tester has to be nearly dark to see even a strong spark.

Hum wonder how mad Kare would be if I had her hold the bare end of the spark plug wire?

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
Na think I will pass as she has talked to me several times about the burning bed movie relateing to the woman who burn't up her abusive Hubby.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
For a short while Sunday I felt fine and removed thr coweling from the engine. Far as I got with it believeing the coil may be bad.
Watched some YOU TUBES on testing them and decided I may have a possiable bad Ignation switch.
Once I get to felling better I will take my multa meter and get to testing the switch and coil.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
Felling much better so got thr coil off and tested it with the multa meter and it is totaly open. Ordered a new coild for it yesterday, hope to have it by Wednesday.

I am really looking for ward to useing it.