My New Mower.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
Commercial grade walk behind Bunton. Company was bought by BobCat as I under stand now.
It has a 44 or 48 inch deck, 14hp manual start Kohler engine and the reason it is now mine.
I have had to work on it before to get it to start the former owner is a run them dry guy with nothing in the fuel. In every case I have had to remove the float bowl and free up the valve and seat which had the float stuck.

I finally got him to use stabuil in it, but of course if a little (per the bottle label.) is good more is better. Then you incounter a sand like substance that clogs up the filter and valve in seat.

He only used it a couple times a year since 2006 to mow paths along side the rented out field and thru the woods where he can't get his compact Ford and brush hog.

I plan on useing it to mow along out new fence line. We finally got the last post set in place yesterday in the morning.

Also will mow the paths thry the field the pups and i walk.

:D Al

Looks like one of my old ones. I had bought a 48 incher without an engine, at the time I had an 18hp Briggs L head twin here sitting around so I put the 2 together, that thing would go thru about anything. But was too big for my needs so I sold it, a Mexican guy who had a mowing business gave me good money for it.

Had time to fool with it a little bit today. I don't think it is getting spark. I have a feeling it is the saftey switch that works to have the trans shifted in Netural to start.

Ya poncho, I seen one at our local John Deere dealer in the used section. More than ten years ago now. It was sitting beside a National.
Wish I had a picture.

Noel

I checked the safety switch for the trans yesterday and it is working fine.
Still don't know if I have spark at the plug yet, I really dislike my spark tester has to be nearly dark to see even a strong spark.

Hum wonder how mad Kare would be if I had her hold the bare end of the spark plug wire?

For a short while Sunday I felt fine and removed thr coweling from the engine. Far as I got with it believeing the coil may be bad.
Watched some YOU TUBES on testing them and decided I may have a possiable bad Ignation switch.
Once I get to felling better I will take my multa meter and get to testing the switch and coil.

Felling much better so got thr coil off and tested it with the multa meter and it is totaly open. Ordered a new coild for it yesterday, hope to have it by Wednesday.

I am really looking for ward to useing it.

Really want to get it going. I think it is going to be a handy machine to have around to do lawn work. Bet it will do as good a job on a ditch or better than my little AWD mower.

Glad your feeling better too. Those are a beast of a mower. I've looked at them but most are too expensive or are in bad shape. I have a 60" Swisher trail mower I like but it's hard for me to turn my head sometime. I still think I would like one of these. You got to get one of these now.
Screenshot_20190723-073501_Google.jpg

Look at the first picture, there is a sulky but the seat went south so the FO made one.
I plan on visiting a small engine salvage yard and see what they may have in seats once i have it running.

The igition coil came in the mail yesterday. Hope to get it installed today and the engine started. I'll be mowing my walking paths if it starts. I think I am going to be likeing this machine.

Back